Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Changing the link of categories to display most recent article instead of ex

Old Mar 4, 2010, 04:23 AM
Cotp

4 posts · Mar 2010
Hello all,

Thank you first of all for this great theme.

On the left side I have now a list of categories and sub categories.
When I click on them I get a excerpt of the articles with a "read more" to get to the article.

Instead I would like the lik to point to the most recent article inside a category.

Anyone thinks he could help me to learn how to do that ?

I guess I should change the php somewhere but not sure where...

Thanks in advance

Cotp
Old Mar 4, 2010, 05:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what you are looking in the left side is a sidebar containing a WIDGET. This is probably one of the default widgets that WordPress provides.

The category widget is designed to display the category you have defined. When you select a category it shows a multi post page of all posts in that category. If you want it to go to the first post in that category then, yes, you will have to change the code.

as an alternative, you could do a google search to see if there is a plugin that will do what you want.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:03 AM
Cotp

4 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks for that.

Do you know in which file I would have to change that code ?

I tried googling for a plugin but it's hard since I don't want really Recent posts (which is a default widget) but to display the title of each category pointing to the most recent post in that catefory...

Maybe I guess I should try and develop it but I don't know where to begin to creat such a widget.

Thanks anyway for your interest

Cotp

EDIT: hurray, I guess I found it
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/category-posts/