Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Password pages - no help from WordPress so far

Build custom WP THEMES, without
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Mar 1, 2010, 09:21 AM
2 posts · Oct 2009
On my password protected pages (two of 'em) the following -
This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:

What I would like instead -
This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:
If you require a password email the webmaster with your membership number/relevant event:
webmaster@ etc etc

I've a feeling this is a Wordpress thing rather than an Atahualpa things but nonetheless --
all help genuinely appreciated
Thanks ...
Old Sep 17, 2010, 05:29 PM
43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
I think you might need to change the comments.php file. This can be found in wp-content/themes/atahualpa/comments.php

There is a line in there that has the following:

if ( post_password_required() ) {
_e('This post is password protected. Enter the password to view comments.','atahualpa');

You could try to change the verbiage here. I would make a backup copy of the file first and keep in mind, if you upgrade the theme, you would need to change this verbiage again.
Gary GlobalNerds.com