Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Further Edits to font and font style of page/category menu items please?

Old Feb 26, 2010, 06:11 PM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
1. On the ATA Options>Category Menu>Font for Category Menu Bar, you can change the the font and it's size, and then down below in Transform text in Category Menu Bar? you can choose between uppercase and lowercase.

But what if you want to have italicized menu items (not much room for font:style command in that narrow box) and what if you want your menu items to appear with first letter Capitalized and the rest lower-case, like normal, there's no choice like that.

2. This is more of a request: Currently if you want to spread your menu items further apart, so they fill the whole width of your menu bar instead of all being scrunched to the left side, you have to add padding in the CSS Inserts. It works, but it's clumsy, because, depending on how many Categories you list, you will have to keep trying different amounts off padding till they fit just right, with lots of back and forth between the editor and the site. Since spreading your menu items in a pleasing way is such an obvious need, as much as setting font and color choices, why not make this settable, right there on the Page or Category Menu option page, visually, without having add special code into a CSS Insert?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:52 PM
joshsweiss

36 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
2. This is more of a request: Currently if you want to spread your menu items further apart, so they fill the whole width of your menu bar instead of all being scrunched to the left side, you have to add padding in the CSS Inserts. It works, but it's clumsy, because, depending on how many Categories you list, you will have to keep trying different amounts off padding till they fit just right, with lots of back and forth between the editor and the site. Since spreading your menu items in a pleasing way is such an obvious need, as much as setting font and color choices, why not make this settable, right there on the Page or Category Menu option page, visually, without having add special code into a CSS Insert?
I heartily agree. More page menu customization options would be really, really handy. just my two cents.

thanks