Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header Height Different on Homepage & static pages

Old Feb 24, 2010, 06:58 AM
frgvn

16 posts · Feb 2010
Hi there,
First I would like to say - I LOVE THIS THEME! t has been incredibly intuitive & easy to use. I have finished my site but have one formatting problem I can't figure out.

My header height is bigger on my static pages compared to my homepage (Diamonds in the Rough)
Please see at my site

I would like all all the pages to match the height on my homepage. I made sure I don't have the kicker and I have looked all over for a change I can make. I'm sure I'm just missing it because of the ease of use of this theme.

Thanks so much - grannyc
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this has to do with the styling you have applied to your H1's and H2's and SEO
On your single paes, like 'Home' the blog title is an H2 and the 'Welcome' is an H1 but on the
Diamonds in the Rough' page, teh blog title is an H1 and the line 'The Necklace' is the H2.

Review your H1 and H2 settings
Old Feb 24, 2010, 07:24 PM
frgvn

16 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks so much for getting back to me. So I'm a newbie. I don't remember styling any thing but the header on the blog page. How and where do I correct the styling on the H2? Do I have to go into Editor in Wordpress or can I use the Atahualpa Options?

Thanks,
Grannyc
Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Are you using an SEO plugin?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 07:44 AM
frgvn

16 posts · Feb 2010
No - really didn't see the need of a search engine optimization plug in because my site is for a certain group of people. Should I for the headers?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
could I take a look at your backend - if so, send me a PM with the admin ID and pw, something is not right and I just can't put my finger on it.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 09:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok this had to do with the SEO options
I changed ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1? to NO and now theere is no change going from a 'page' to the blog page.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 09:01 AM
frgvn

16 posts · Feb 2010
YOU ARE AWESOME! Sorry getting back so late - my internet is out - actually still is - logging on through my cell.
Again thanks so much - I will be donating as soon as I get my internet back. I love this theme and the forum and help here is wonderful.
thanks, thanks, thanks, juggledad!
grannyc