Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page menu arrow disappear when item clicked

Old Feb 18, 2010, 01:04 PM
Sprutt

12 posts · Feb 2010
Hi all!

I'm having trouble getting the down arrows of my page menu parents to behave like I want them to.

Check out the site HERE.

The problem consists of two things:

1. When you hover over the second button "Konferensen" I need the arrow to change to for example the black arrow. I've tried setting it with the following, but that makes it black all the time and it's children all have arrows aswell, despite them not having any children..:

Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a:visited, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a:hover {
	padding: 5px 20px 5px 10px;	
	background-position: 95% 50%;
	background-image: url(<?php echo $bfa_ata['template_directory']; ?>/images/expand-down.gif);
}

2. When that same button is clicked the arrow is removed it seems, but I need the black arrow to remain.

Anyone got any pointers on how to solve these(probably simple for some) issues?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:22 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Have you tried adding CSS changes to this?

HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active {

}
Old Feb 22, 2010, 04:34 AM
Sprutt

12 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks Wimbledon, but that doesn't work, it just shows the icon for a millisecond exactly when it's clicked.

Anyone? Just donated btw...
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try this - the php code didn't work for me.
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a:hover {
background-image:url("http://www.deom.se/temp/ordens_magi/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/expand-down.gif");
}
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
change teh CSS Selector to
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand > a:hover
or you will get down arrows on the child items
Old Feb 26, 2010, 09:55 AM
Sprutt

12 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks y'all!

Your advice did the trick for the arrows Juggledad. Only thing left that I can't seem to get right is that I only want the parents of the currently active object to be in hover/active mode. Now all of the items in the submenu are in that state. To clarify, if an object in a sublevel is clicked I want it and all of its parents to be in the hover/active state.

Anyone know how to do this?

I've tried the advice given in THIS THREAD without success...

The site is now found HERE.

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 02:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when a menu item is selected, a class of 'current_page_item' is added to it and a class of 'current_page_ancestor' is added to all it's ancestors. The parent of the current item also gets a class of 'current_page_parent'

You can use these in your CSS Selectors