Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] posts get error 404 on single page

Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:09 PM
japej

2 posts · Feb 2010
hello,

Since few days im figthing with some problems on my wordpress. Posts display as normal on the main page but when you click on the title to see it on single page, it give 404 error. Same for comments. I tried switching off all the plugins but that didnt help. Ive also made an update to the newest version of WP, no effect and tried switching to different themes.

Plugins i use are: canonical url, all in one seo, flexi pages widget, google xml sitemaps, simple press forum.

Thank you for any advice

P.S. here is the address

Last edited by japej; Feb 17, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:52 PM
wheresnifty

22 posts · Feb 2010
well... you may check a few things. but the main thing is make sure that the urls are working correctly.

First go to the main blog where you see everything working, and then copy it and go to the pages that give you the 404 and copy the url....

post it here so we can see what is different.

There are a number of reasons that it does that.

1: Settings in wordpress - maybe you have the website name set as http://domainname.com instead of http://WWW.domainname.com ---- when posts try to go the the site with www, it will give the error.

2: Somehow when updating, the permalink doesn't match up in the posts... i dont know how it could mess it up though.

3: Could be a cname issue on your hosting website.

check number 1 and 3
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
change back to the default permalink (dashboard->settings->permalinks) and see if it works
Old Feb 17, 2010, 01:22 PM
japej

2 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
change back to the default permalink (dashboard->settings->permalinks) and see if it works
yes, just did that.. and it worked, so i changed it to /%category%/%postname%/ and now its working perfectly, thank you so much for help