Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Excluding sub page in Left Menu Bar

Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:48 PM
bobbaird

4 posts · Feb 2010
Hi,
I have put a menu in the left side of my page and I am trying to delete the second level of pages that appear on this menu. They are the book review sub pages.

[url="http://www.watercolorbob.com/"]

I am fairly certain I need to exclude page numbers somewhere in the theme control panel, but not sure where since I am not sure what this area is called (left inner, widget, etc.).

I don't see a master diagram anywhere that would indicate what it would be called exactly and if you could also point me toward that, that would be terrific.

Thanks,
Bob

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Last edited by bobbaird; Feb 13, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 04:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you are using a WIDGET in teh sidebar, you need to look at the directions for that WIDGET/PLUGIN.
There are some page widgets to just display the pages and others that give you lots of control. If the WIGDET you are using doesn't give you the control you want, look for another plugin that will . Do a google search on 'wordpress page widget' and take a look at some.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 06:37 AM
bobbaird

4 posts · Feb 2010
Juggledad,
Thanks. So, it would appear that my menu of pages are a widget in the left sidebar. The theme control panel doesn't contain controls for limiting the number of levels shown, only removing certain pages (page numbers) from the left sidebar. Also, I think if I understand correctly, you are saying that I might find an independent menu widget (a non theme built in widget) that I could plug in to the left sidebar that would do the trick. I will go take a look.
Thanks,
Bob
Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The widget you see is not part of the theme unless it is one of the widgets that start with 'BFA' you are probally talking about the PAGES widget that comes with WordPress.