Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Archive page

Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:03 AM
psine

3 posts · Jan 2010
sorry, if this should be in some other thread...

I've asked Atahualpa to create an Archives page leaving the page blank. Now, where is that page?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 01:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First off you created a page, Lets say you called the page 'My Archive', that page has an ID (edit the page and look at the end of the html address, you see .../wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=384, - the 384, in this case. is the page ID). You enter that ID in the option ATO->Create ARCHIVES PAGE->Archives Page ID

If you have %pages at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area then when you view your site, ou will see 'My Archive' in the menubar, that is your archive page.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:08 AM
psine

3 posts · Jan 2010
I was able to do that, but it says if I leave it blank an Archive page will be created for me. That's the one I was looking for.

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ummm, where did you read that?

Quote:
Atahualpa has no Archives page by default but you can create a custom one:
* Put the ID of an existing page into this field to make that page the Archives page.
* This can be an empty page or a page with content.
* If the page has content, the archives will be appended at the bottom.
An Archives page is a "Page" page listing the links to (usually: monthly) archives and the categories, similar to a sitemap, but usually without a list of "Page" pages. The difference to the archive links or select menu in the sidebar is that the links will be displayed as regular content in the middle column
Old Feb 1, 2010, 06:29 PM
psine

3 posts · Jan 2010
Oh, doh! Default: blank means there isn't a page there, not we'll create one for you.

Thanks.