Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Basic font settings

Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
ShogunPatch

1 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there
Apologies if this is a really basic question, especially if the topic has already been covered elsewhere, but I am a newcomer to Wordpress (and building websites generally) and cannot find this covered in a way I understand (think: how you would explain it to a five year old!).

I love this theme - great work! - and have actually made really good headway in customizing it the way I want. But the one thing I can't find anywhere is where to set the styles for general text (font, size, colour, etc). I can see where to do this to an extent for various specific areas of the page (e.g. headers) and for things like links, etc, but I want to change the settings for the plain text, paragraph headings, etc, to personalise it to my own taste.

I suspect from reading the forum that I need to do this in the "configure CSS & JS" option box but don't really know how to go about this, i.e. what the format is. How, for example would a set a level 1 heading to be , for example, Colibri, 24pt, in light blue?

Many thanks for any guidance you can give as to where and how to control this.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ATO->Body, Text & Links->Body Style - note what it says
Quote:
The styles you set here will apply to everything that doesn't get its own style.
this is where you name your default fonts.

Remember to use at least one font-family that is websafe. If I create a page with the XXyyNNN font (I just made that name up) and you don't have it installed, you won't see it.....

Remember google is your friend - try 'websafe fonts' and 'css font color' and 'css background color'
Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:57 PM
airwolf

3 posts · Jan 2010
I too, have been looking for a way to manually select a specific font I'd like to use, in the editing of a page. Personally, I find it a little restrictive if a page is limited to "web friendly" fonts. Nevertheless, the "Atahualpa" theme looks great; I love it!

Like another poster, I'd like to be able to select my own font type/size/colour. I read your post, "juggledad", and note your reference to "ATO"...etc. Please excuse my inexperience with WordPress here, but what is "ATO"? I tried performing a search for just that, and didn't see much directly related to the query. Can you please advise.

It would be even more helpful (as a page editor) to be able to manually select fonts, from within the editor window; much as a user can do from within MS Word or MS FrontPage. (I'm not sure if "BytesForAll" is going to be working on this, but perhaps I can suggest that to them somehow??) I do understand that some fonts are more likely to be web friendly. This probably explains, why trying to copy & paste from MS Word, didn't always end up producing what I expected (in the editor window).

If you can enlighten me on the "ATO" question, I'd appreciate it. I'll look again, for where I can submit a feature suggestion to "BytesForAll".

Last edited by airwolf; Jan 27, 2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Typo error
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ATO=Atahualpa Theme Options - shorthand, saves keystrokes

As for the post editor question, that's where you leave Atahualpa and enter into WordPress.

Atahualpa is a THEME that allows you to style your WORDPRSSS blog. WordPress is the main program here, Atahualpa works with it. There are many themes out there, but WordPress is the underlining code that runs it all.

It's important to figure out when you are asking questions about the theme or about a WordPress function. If you switch themes and still have the problem, it's a wordpress issue

What font you can safely use is niethor an Atahualpa or WordPress issue, that's an HTML issue and Browser issue. Some browsers will support a font that another won't - that's why I tell people to look up web safe fonts.

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 30, 2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:11 PM
Royston

3 posts · Dec 2009
Hi JuggleDad,

I followed your advise to make a little change in the font size under ATO -> Body Text Link -> Body style.

I changed it from 0.8em to 0.9em. But this only affects my main homepage and not the rest of my other webpages in the same domain.

I decided to reset back to 0.8em but i found that it no longer revert back the 0.8em font size to be consistent uniformly to the rest of the pages.

Any idea how can i have an uniform setting for the font size for all body texts in each WP posting and Atahualpa category text and sub menu text?

I can pm to you about my website if this makes clearer to you.

Many thanks,
Royston
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what do you mean the rest of the web pages of your domain? do you mean the other wordpress pages or something else?