Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

problem with external swf in the side bar

Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:06 AM
voodoo

5 posts · Jan 2010
hello !

my goal is to put a swf (which have a hidden-admin panel) in the sidebar...

i can embed it in the right sidebar with the standard code (both in the text widget and in the footer.php) :

Code:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="100%"  style="height:170"  align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.betatest-voodoo.com/test/postit.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />

<embed src="http://www.betatest-voodoo.com/test/postit.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="100%" style="height:170" name="postit" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
</object>
so i can see my swf in the sidebar...
but my admin panel (which rewrite an xml file) does'nt work (i can see this panel when i log in but the saving-rewriting action fails). The thing is : this system (swf+ admin) works perfectly when it it's embeded out of Wordpress.

So I tried to embed an external swf in my sidebar (always both in the widget and footer.php)... nothing appears except the background color...

I tried also to embed the swf (which is in the wp-content folder) from an other host... with :

Code:
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"
but it does'nt work !!!

I'm going crazy with that stuf ... can you help me please ???

thanks a lot,

Voodoo.