Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Front page

Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:54 PM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
Hi all!
I'm just a newbie and would appreciate an honest answer.
I would like my website frontpage to look like that:
http://www.myinfosecjob.com/sketch%2...ont%20page.jpg

My questions are:
1 - Can it be achieved using atahualpa theme?
2 - How complicated is it? (I'm IT, but not into development)

Thank you very much for that!

Adri.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 07:37 AM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there,
Any news for this one?
I've managed to achieve the ads on the right side, and the 2 right bars, but I can't solve the issue with having one frame displaying only the header of a given category (jobs, in this case).
Also, is it possible to have the category "article" being displayed into 4 different boxes? The articles to be displayed there would be the "sticky" ones.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by myinfosecjob; Jan 16, 2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:39 AM
juggledad

23,682 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
yes I think you could do it you have a left sidebar, the center, right-inner sidebar and right sidebar
use the suggestion in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3486 for the center top box and use http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1288 for the two columns of posts
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:27 PM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
Dear juggledad,
First of all, thanks for your help!
Both tips have worked, but apparently they cannot be combined. Once I implement both codes, only the "2 columns for posts" appears.

Also, I would need all the latest posts "titles" for a given category to be shown in the announcement, instead of the post body. Could you please shed some light?

Thank you again,

Adriano.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:44 PM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
juggledad,
after fiddling with the code a bit more, I managed to have the announcement at the top + 2 columns underneath it.
So, 2 things needed to consider this case closed (or so I hope)
1 - to show the "titles" for a certain category into the announcement, instead of a post.
2 - split the 2 columns section evenly: currently the left side has around 300 px whereas the right side has +- 600.

Thank you again!

Adriano.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:24 AM
kappuz95

1 posts · Jan 2010
guys, hi, im trying to access the link on how to do the center top box thing, but apparently im not allowed to do it (??), could you post the solution here?

regards and thanx in advance, the theme is great
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:42 AM
juggledad

23,682 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
kappuz95, the post 'How to: Create a announcement box at the top of the center column of the landing page' is in the Gold Forum. You will have to donate $20 or more to myself (use the donate to Juggledad button) or Flynn to get access to that forum.

The Gold Forum was created to give members who donate some extras.