Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Can someone please set me straight on the atahualpa theme?

Old Jan 2, 2010, 02:00 PM
beginner8

6 posts · Dec 2009
Hello!

I had a designer do customization for me on the atahualpa theme, now I'm on my own and loosing my mind. I have been trying to design and most of the time when I add a new image or text everything else gets thrown around. I cant get it to look the way I want it to look. Im sure you understand this is very frustrating and I desperately need help. If I change the settings will that allow me to place images/text anywhere...? If so, where and how do I change settings..? Does this theme have columns and if so are they removable? How much is possible with this theme and what are the limitations? How do I replace images/text in a controllable way without everything else getting thrown around? Does anyone have any tips/tricks/pointers for me? Thank you very much in advance to anyone who can help me out and make me understand.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 02:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm sorry to say this but even with Atahalpa (like any theme) you need to be familiar with the way positioning of images and text work within WordPress. You can't just drag pictures to where you want them etc as you found out. Could you please put a link to your site so we could see some of the issues. You should probably also check out the wordpress.org site for tutorials etc just to get a bit more info on how all this works.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 02:51 PM
beginner8

6 posts · Dec 2009
Hello there! And thats what Im trying to do: get familiar with positioning, what I can do, what I cant do etc. One gotta start somewhere! And I find this forum more suitable than wordpress.org since its about my theme... I'll keep searching until I find some answers! Thanks anyways!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 03:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm glad you asked the question and I hope you didn't think I was putting you off. To answer some of your questions though.
  • There is no setting in Atahulapa that allows you to put the pictures anywhere. It is just like any other theme in that regard.
  • There are no columns unless you count the sidebars as columns. You have to use tables, CSS, or plugins to create columns within a post or page.
  • This theme is VERY configurable but takes some knowledge of php, css, and html to get the full benefit.
  • The way to replace text or images in a controllable way is to get familiar with CSS and HTML to at least a small extent.
Flynn has done a great job of documenting within the theme itself. I would suggest you start looking through all the various sections and "experiment". If you can put up a test site and play around with that. For me that is the best way to learn then when you run across a specific issue with Atahualpa you can post it here.