Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

There must be a way to transfer to wordpress

Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:25 PM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
I was just told there is no way to do this so I thought I would ask you guys.

I have a couple of existing sites some I built in dreamweaver and some were set up on godaddys website tonight temporarily. They all have one domain and have been ranking for over a year. I want to create all new sites in wordpress in Atahualpa. However, it wont allow me to setup a new database with the corresponding domain because it already is attached to another. Some of these have their own accounts and some are under my unlimited server account. I was told the only way to do this without losing links and ranking is to turn off the old site, then build the new one under the domain. But I don't want that much downtime. There are several ways I thought to do this but all seem to present some kind of issue. I thought I would setup a subdomain then build it, then do a 301 redirect on the original domain, but I was told I would lose ranking and links. Then I was going to do the same and just go into the tables and change the domain to the original one but since I haven't done this before I don't know how complicated that would be and I was told it is a pain in the ass. Then I thought I would load wordpress and change the index file to wp-index and then change it back when I was ready. But I don't know if that would work.

Is there some obvious thing I am not thinking of that I can do?