Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Still looking for help getting posts and pages to display.

Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:14 AM
tigger32382

6 posts · Nov 2009
Hi all,

I am using Atahualpa 3.4.1, and am having trouble getting my posts and pages to display correctly. They come up fine when I use any other theme, but in Atahualpa, when I go to load a page, I get something like (I copied this from one of the pages I tried to load, to give an example):

id="post-">
','
'); ?> ','
'); ?> ',''); ?> ',''); ?> '.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'',''); ?> ',''); ?> Next/Previous Navigation: */ bfa_next_previous_post_links('Middle'); ?> Next/Previous Navigation: */ bfa_next_previous_post_links('Bottom'); ?> Archives Pages: */ bfa_archives_page('
','
'); ?> Next/Previous Navigation: */ bfa_next_previous_page_links('Bottom'); ?>

What do I need to change to make the pages and posts load correctly? Thanks so much for your help!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First off upgrade to the 3.4.4 version
Second it looks like you made changes to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Content BELOW the LOOP
Review what you did there. If you didn't make any changes, you may want to reset the options on that page AND THAT PAGE ONLY (the red button, not the gray one)
Old Dec 14, 2009, 01:05 PM
tigger32382

6 posts · Nov 2009
I'm not sure if I can upgrade to 3.4.4 - I'm doing this through my university, and there are only certain themes available in my dashboard. I don't think I have the authority to upgrade the Atahualpa version. I tried resetting the settings for that page, but I still get the same gobbledy gook when I try to load a page or a post.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 01:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did this just crop up, have you been able to do posts?
what is the url?
Old Dec 14, 2009, 01:51 PM
tigger32382

6 posts · Nov 2009
I've never been able to make a post work, nor a page. Everything was working fine when I was using other themes, but when I switched to Atahualpa, that is what I got. The header image and other things I have tried customizing on the page seem to work fine, I just can't get any posts or pages to show up in that center column. The url is http://wordpress.commons.yale.edu/span247_spring2010/ but I don't know if you'll be able to see it or not. I think it has privacy restricted settings.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 02:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Nope I can' see it. do this - go and view the page theen in the browser view the PAGE SOURCE.
Copy it and paste it into a file and send me the file or attach it to a reply. I maybe able to figure out something from what I see
Old Dec 14, 2009, 03:21 PM
tigger32382

6 posts · Nov 2009
Okay, attached it.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Pagesource.doc (182.0 KB, 11802 views)
Old Dec 14, 2009, 03:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
My guess is that someone has played with the index.php of the theme.

the code you are seeing is the contents of what is in 'Content ABOVE the LOOP', 'The LOOP' and 'Content BELOW the LOOP' at ATO-> Style & CENTER COLUMN

this code getl loaded and executed from index.php, so my guess is it has been changed.

Can you view index.php (go to the dashboard->Appearances->Editor and look for 'Main Index Template (index.php)' copy and put it in a file and send it to me.

You need to get the IT department to upgrade to 3.4.4 which cured a number of issues
Old Dec 14, 2009, 04:34 PM
tigger32382

6 posts · Nov 2009
Hmm, under Dashboard-Appearances, the only choices I have are "Themes", "Widgets", and "Atahualpa Theme Options".
Old Dec 14, 2009, 04:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you are going to have to talk to your IT guys about this. Get them to upgrade to 3.4.4 first