Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to provide html link in side bar text widget and center colum

Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:17 PM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Hi, I am trying to provide a link to download a word form from sidebar text wigget and center colum. when ever I provide the hyperlink to a word doc ( form ) . its saying page not found. on main page click to download the membership form .

http://www.nedalumnicanada.org/update

Pls help.
Thanks.

G.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 6, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 03:08 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
You are linking to the document properly the link URL is not correct.

Go to the document's page in your Media Library and make sure you have the correct URL.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:41 PM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,
I am trying to provide a link for the Word doc or a pdf file. but its not working.

I can get the url for media only from the media folder. do not think that a word doc and pdf file will have a url in media.

the word doc is placed at this location: http://nedalumnicanada.org/update/wp-content/nedac_membership_form.doc

url in red is the location of wordpress folder. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Pls advise.

Thanks.
G
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:43 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Your url must be incorrect; I copy+pasted that in my address bar and your document did not load.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 05:12 PM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Yes, you were right .
Its working now .

Thanks a lot for your help.

G.