Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

atahualpa theme empty on activation

Old Dec 5, 2009, 05:09 PM
glw

9 posts · Dec 2009
set up new wordpress blog - want to use the atahualpa theme - have only one post published - post shows fine in other themes (zenlite, default, classic) but 404s when atahualpa activated... ie "Not Found - You are looking for something that isn't here."

any assistance appreciated...
Old Dec 6, 2009, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is your URL? I want to see if any of the code generated is from Atahualpa
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:30 PM
glw

9 posts · Dec 2009
thanks juggledad -

atahualpa 3.4.4 (downloaded 05 dec 09)
wp 2.8.6

http://www.origma-editions.net/wordpress/

I've asked my ISP to have a look at it from their side as well... really looking forward to getting stuck into customisation with altahualpa.

glw
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
can you set the theme back to Atahualpa for the evening. I have to go out for a bit (a wake) but will take a look when I get back

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 8, 2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 04:13 PM
glw

9 posts · Dec 2009
ok - will do - you'll notice there's nothing there when in atahualpa theme but I understand you're wanting to look at the page source - thanks again for taking the time - if I get any word back from my ISP I'll let you know.

glw
Old Dec 6, 2009, 06:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Oh, I thought when you said nothing showed up the theme wasn't running. Phew

try swapping back to permalinks and see if that does anything.

Do you have an htaccess coded?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 06:52 PM
glw

9 posts · Dec 2009
I should have been more specific - no Content appears - as you can see if you look at the blog now running under Zenlite theme, there is Content - the Content is what disappears when Activating atahualpa Theme.

re permalinks, I'm currently running with this option -

.../wordpress/2009/12/07/sample-post/

I set permalinks back to default and saved, but atahualpa problem persists.. ie no change

I suspect the problem is server side - I don't have any direct access (yet) to be able to set permissions or update a .htaccess file - so this is probably the issue... however, symptomatically, other themes (classic, default) run the existing Content without a hitch... thus my quandry.

I'll download another couple of themes and try them out...

thanks for the suggestion

glw
Old Dec 6, 2009, 07:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Very odd! The theme shouldn't cause an issue like this. How many plugins do you have? have you tried disabling them?

My gut is this is a htaccess issue, but keep us all informed
Old Dec 6, 2009, 08:11 PM
glw

9 posts · Dec 2009
no plugins - just straight installs of wp, atahualpa and zenlite...

will let you know how I go once my ISP gets back to me...
Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:14 PM
glw

9 posts · Dec 2009
haven't heard back from the ISP as yet...

but have downloaded various other Themes (Pixel,Journalist,Constructor,Wooden Mannequin, etc) and all of these work fine...

deleted Atahualpa folder from my wp server; downloaded it again from the wp.org Themes directory, reinstalled it, and still the same problem - so it does seem to be something to do with Atahualpa - perhaps a conflict with the version of Apache running on the ISP server ?

I'm still wanting to use Atahualpa, but what to do now ? Any other info I can provide to help track down the reason ?

glw
Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:30 PM
glw

9 posts · Dec 2009
further to the last post -

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.origma-editions.net Port 80
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm sending you a PM
who is the host?

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 8, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:45 PM
glw

9 posts · Dec 2009
pardon my ignorance - a PM ?

thanks for being in touch

glw

Last edited by glw; Dec 9, 2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: isp email address removed from public forum
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:49 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
PM = private message, a feature of this forum system.

Have you tried asking the support forums at Wordpress.org?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:25 AM
glw

9 posts · Dec 2009
ah - thanks for that pearl of wisdom - I've now retrieved that PM.

Have searched the wordpress.org forums but precious little there specifically about Atahualpa.

My ISP is now looking into it. I'll post IF we find a solution. It's weird and frustrating, but I do expect to solve it.

glw

update:
I've had some to and fro with my ISP today - he thought it would be simple, and we did make some progress eg if I now Activate Atahualpa, it can't see the existing posts on the main page (ie same Not Found response) but when I select the About button on that page, it shows the list of 'Previous Posts' correctly in the three column default layout - but if I select one of those posts, I get the Not Found message. (He didn't provide detail about what he did, but I assume changed the permissions to the .htaccess file...)

So, he'll have a closer look at it tonight. I'll certainly post information IF he manages to solve it.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 9, 2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:50 AM
peterf

18 posts · Apr 2009
I am having this exact problem right now. blank screen except for bottom credits line. Works fine in other themes. I've used atahualpa a half dozen times before and this is a first.

www.wendynewton.com
Wordpress 3.0
Atahualpa 3.49 or 3.53 (both same problem)
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Check this thread but the "fix" mentioned can only be done in 3.5.3. The button mentioned was not in 3.4.9.

Disclaimer... Although this works in most cases where a manual upgrade Atahualpa produces the "credits only" issue it MAY set the theme to default settings. Also be careful not to hit the button twice as that may insure you set the theme to default settings and you would lose your theme customizations.

If you want you can try hitting the big green save button in all the ATO areas as that has also fixed this issue in some cases.