Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Font sizes, spacing not changing

Old Nov 15, 2009, 09:07 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
Hi. I've searched on this forum and gotten some changes I want working--but still can't get a few things to work. I've got Atahualpa 3.4.4.

I want to change the line spacing of text in the body of the posts. I used the instructions on this thread and it didn't change the line spacing in my posts. Any ideas on why, or how to make it work?

Also, I when I change the font size in Body, Text & Links at Body Style the size changes in my sidebar but not in the posts. What can I do to make the size change in the posts?

Thank you for any help. (My first post here, and I'm setting up my first blog.)
- Doug
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:17 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
My blog is at:
http://dougcoe.com/blog/

Thank you for asking.

- Doug
Old Nov 17, 2009, 01:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) use 'line-height:1.5em;'
2) don't do a copy and paste from WORD, it copies all sorts of word styling that messes up Wordpress.
Only copy from a strict text file. Save the file as a text document and them open it in notepad before you do the copy

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:19 AM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
Thank you for the reply, but when I do that (just typing it directly into BODY Box under Style POSTS & PAGES) it doesn't have any effect. Any ideas what else to try?

Also, any ideas on changing the font-size of the Posts?

Thank you for your efforts.

- Doug
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Doug, nothing is going to change while you still have all the 'garbage' in it.For example, your first post on your homepage liiks like this in the generated source
HTML Code:
<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix"><p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">Most people have heard of “green building” or maybe “green design”, but some might not be clear on what it means. Is it about putting solar panels on your roof, using mud to plaster your walls, or reusing the water from the shower in your yard? So here is a quick overview—green building in a nutshell.</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica; min-height: 19.0px;">
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">The idea of green building is to work in a more sustainable way. And that means moving towards methods of making houses (and other buildings) that won’t use everything up too fast. Ideally we’ll get to the point where we don’t use anything up—we just use things that won’t run out.</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica; min-height: 19.0px;">
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">The core areas of sustainable design are:</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">- energy efficiency</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">- conservation of natural resources</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">- indoor air quality</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">Actually, indoor air quality is not something that can “run out”, is it? But it is included under the green building umbrella as a concern stemming from our current way of doing business.</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">Energy efficiency slows the use of nonrenewable resources, reduces pollution, and can help slow down global warming. It also reduces the country’s need to import oil from unreliable countries. And if you make your own energy (with solar panels or a small wind turbine) you can weather blackouts. Energy efficiency includes energy used onsite for heating, cooling, and electrical devices, and also the energy used to make and transport the materials to build the house.</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">Conservation of natural resources covers the materials a house is built with. Wood, steel, concrete, aluminum, plastic, asphalt, glass, gypsum, and many others. This is a complicated subject—what materials have the least negative impact on the earth? Which materials are we running out of? How can we use less of a precious and limited commodity in our houses? Reusing, recycling, and using less are ways to build greener.</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">Water is a special case of natural resource we need to conserve. It is the most essential item of consumption in life, and as populations grow and pollution spreads clean water becomes rarer and more of an issue all the time. Using less in our daily routines at home is an important part of green design.</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">Indoor air quality is an increasingly big concern as we build less drafty, more tightly sealed houses. Most houses have some amount of a “new house” smell (however subtle). This is from chemicals in the carpet, paint, cabinets, furniture, and other components. And a tightly wrapped building keeps them in. The answer is to reduce the amount of harmful chemicals present in everything that goes into a house.</p>
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Helvetica;">I will be elaborating on these different facets and the interplay of them in future articles. Hopefully this cleared up the meaning of “green building” for you.</p>
<p><script type="text/javascript">SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "Green Building in a Nutshell", url: "http://dougcoe.com/blog/2009/11/green-building-in-a-nutshell/" });</script></p></div>
Notice all the <p style...? a style on an element like the <p> will override everything else. The post should look like this in the generated source:
HTML Code:
<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix"><p>Most people have heard of “green building” or maybe “green design”, but some might not be clear on what it means. Is it about putting solar panels on your roof, using mud to plaster your walls, or reusing the water from the shower in your yard? So here is a quick overview—green building in a nutshell.</p>
<p>The idea of green building is to work in a more sustainable way. And that means moving towards methods of making houses (and other buildings) that won’t use everything up too fast. Ideally we’ll get to the point where we don’t use anything up—we just use things that won’t run out.</p>
<p>The core areas of sustainable design are:</p>
<p>- energy efficiency<br />
- conservation of natural resources<br />
- indoor air quality</p>
<p>Actually, indoor air quality is not something that can “run out”, is it? But it is included under the green building umbrella as a concern stemming from our current way of doing business.</p>
<p>Energy efficiency slows the use of nonrenewable resources, reduces pollution, and can help slow down global warming. It also reduces the country’s need to import oil from unreliable countries. And if you make your own energy (with solar panels or a small wind turbine) you can weather blackouts. Energy efficiency includes energy used onsite for heating, cooling, and electrical devices, and also the energy used to make and transport the materials to build the house.</p>
<p>Conservation of natural resources covers the materials a house is built with. Wood, steel, concrete, aluminum, plastic, asphalt, glass, gypsum, and many others. This is a complicated subject—what materials have the least negative impact on the earth? Which materials are we running out of? How can we use less of a precious and limited commodity in our houses? Reusing, recycling, and using less are ways to build greener.</p>
<p>Water is a special case of natural resource we need to conserve. It is the most essential item of consumption in life, and as populations grow and pollution spreads clean water becomes rarer and more of an issue all the time. Using less in our daily routines at home is an important part of green design.</p>
<p>Indoor air quality is an increasingly big concern as we build less drafty, more tightly sealed houses. Most houses have some amount of a “new house” smell (however subtle). This is from chemicals in the carpet, paint, cabinets, furniture, and other components. And a tightly wrapped building keeps them in. The answer is to reduce the amount of harmful chemicals present in everything that goes into a house.</p>
<p>I will be elaborating on these different facets and the interplay of them in future articles. Hopefully this cleared up the meaning of “green building” for you.</p>
</div>
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:45 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
I finally got back to working on my blog appearance. I found my problem. I'm so new to this I hadn't realized the importance of being on the HTML tag...not the Visual tag on the new Post page when pasting in my writing from TextEdit.

Thanks for the help, though I was so ignorant I didn't get from your answer how to fix it until I did further research.