Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Blogroll widget V3.4.4

Old Nov 3, 2009, 02:43 PM
Getawaygardens

3 posts · Oct 2009
I just read a post that had been closed about the blog roll widget. I installed the "Links" widget but it shows up as "Blogroll." I'd rather it say "Links." Is this part of the bug that was supposed to be fixed in September or something different?
Thanks. This stuff may be way over my head. I'm learning as I go and there's a lot to learn. I apologize in advance for any incredibly stupid questions.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 03:43 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
There are no stupid questions.

Who said that? Well, there really are, but we're easy.

I know the blogroll thing is confusing. Just go to Links and create a new category. Now add new links and put them in that category. When you add your Links widget to the sidebar, you'll get to choose which one, and that's the title that will show up, not the dreaded Blogroll.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 06:59 PM
Getawaygardens

3 posts · Oct 2009
I thank you for your patience. I'll try not to make you prove how easy you are but you must understand I am very new to this. What some take for granted as "common" knowledge is totally alien to me.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 08:00 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Wordpress was new to me about a year ago, too. One thing I did, and you should do, is go to wordpress.org and start reading. There are some great tutorials there about the basics. There are also tons of blogs all over the web about how to use and tweak Wordpress. And you've done one very smart thing: you've got Atahualpa, which is going to teach you a lot as you learn it, too.