Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Hiding Page Titles?

Old Oct 2, 2009, 05:43 PM
nesagwa

5 posts · Oct 2009
Tampa, FL
I had been using an older version of Atahualpa and had done a quick edit in the main page HTML to remove single page titles from showing so I could just put my own stuff in there without having to restyle.

Is there an easy way to disable these with the options page?

http://tampamason.com/?page_id=44

You can see whats going on in this page for example.

Last edited by nesagwa; Oct 8, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ATO-> Configure SEO
set 'Use Bytes For All SEO options?' to 'yes'
set 'Meta Title Tag format' to 'Page title'
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:28 PM
nesagwa

5 posts · Oct 2009
Tampa, FL
Since I have the All in One SEO plugin active, will turning "Use All Bytes" to Yes in order to set the meta tag title format interfere with it negatively?

EDIT: Seems like it won't work at all since I do have the SEO plug-in active.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 04:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you tried changing the 'Post Title Format' and 'Page Title Format' settings at WP Dashboard->Settings->All in One SEO?

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 3, 2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 05:19 PM
nesagwa

5 posts · Oct 2009
Tampa, FL
Just tried blanking out both of those options in the SEO pack, no dice.

Even if I disable the plugin the original solution doesn't seem to work.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 07:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
while using the 'SEO all in one' did you set the 'Use Bytes For All SEO options?' back to 'No'?
I installed the plugin and the suggestion I gave ou worked for me (we are talking about the page title that shows at the top of the browser windor right?)
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:06 AM
nesagwa

5 posts · Oct 2009
Tampa, FL
Oh no, I meant in the actual page itself. Like how at the top it will always show the title of the page. Ie. the About page will have the H1 "About" at the top of the page content.

Is there a way to disable that?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ahh, that's easy (the toughest thing is understanding the actual issue) you want to remove the headline! That's easy. You just need to add a conditional to test if you are on a PAGE or not.

Go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP and find the line
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
change it to
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_page()) {bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>');} ?>
That should do it.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:57 PM
nesagwa

5 posts · Oct 2009
Tampa, FL
It certainly did. Thank you for the help