Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Main Navigation - making pages menu bigger and bolder

Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:33 AM
leifkendall

4 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

I've created a website for a writer's group with this amazing theme (thanks!) but would like to know how to make the main navigation (by that I mean the links to pages at the top of the website) bigger or bolder (or both).

I think the pages are very small up there and I want to make sure people see them - so how can I make them bigger or more obvious? (I basically want to make the text bigger or more colourful)

This is the site: http://write-club.net/

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:42 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
It's easy. In the Atahualpa Theme Options/Header Area/Page Menu Bar, look down near the bottom, where you can style the font size and face, link colors, etc.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:31 AM
leifkendall

4 posts · Sep 2009
Thank-you!

That's worked.

Do you know how to add a bit of space (padding?) between the top navigation and the header image? (I can't see where you add this.)

Thanks again!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this in CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div#menu1 {
margin-bottom:50px;
}
Old Oct 1, 2009, 08:39 PM
Kinnally

4 posts · Oct 2009
I'm trying to get the menu text set to bold. In ATO->Header Area ->Page Menu Bar-> Font Size & Face, I've tried:
14px "Arial Bold", "Verdana Bold", sans-serif

14px Arial Bold, Verdana Bold, sans-serif

14px "Arial Bold", Times New Roman Bold, sans-serif

14px "Arial Bold", Times New Roman Bold, sans-serif, font-weight:bold,

14px Tahoma, arial, sans-serif, font-style: bold;

14px "Tahoma", arial, sans-serif, font-style: bold;

and several other settings, but I can't get the text to BOLD. I'm thinking Verdana Bold would look good. Any help for a newbie would be appreciated. (Using IE 7)

BTW, the default setting show no quotes, the instructions say to use them. Probably been pointed out to you before, but just in case...

EDIT UPDATE:
Having success with: Verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:1.0em;

Last edited by Kinnally; Oct 2, 2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 06:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Add this to ATO->HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul#rmenu2 li a {
font-weight: bold !important;
}
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:17 AM
Kinnally

4 posts · Oct 2009