Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] How do you import buddypress templates into Atahulpa based on the new child

Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:41 PM
MrMail

5 posts · Aug 2009
How do you import buddypress templates into Atahulpa based on the new child theme structure in buddypress 1.1.

Buddypress is changing form a home / member two theme structure to a parent child one theme structure.

I would like to use Atahulpa as my base theme but need help on how to import the buddypress templates into the Atahulpa structure.

Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:22 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa is not specifically prepared for Buddypress. I've read through the instructions and it seems they want to build this based on the default WP parent-child theme relationship.

Atahualpa files will most likely not work as a child theme, at least not with rather huge modifications. Buddypress would sit on top as the parent theme so this would have to be done from the Buddypress side.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:30 PM
MrMail

5 posts · Aug 2009
I got Atahulpa working with buddypress, now my problem is that I want to allow members to create their own blogs but in the dashbord members also have access to Atahulpa Options. I do not want to allow this as access to those options as it may create a back door since they can inject php, and java script into the theme. Is there anyway to not allow access to the Atahulpa Options? That would also be the case for most themes with options like Headway, Thesis, Frugal...

It seems like the old way of doing things with the dual themes Home and Member in buddypress works better under these circumstances, but since that will no longer be supported in future releases I do not want to go that route.

I created a child theme with Atahulpa as the parent and made it the only active theme but it still presents the Options in the dashboard.

Is there anyway I can disable the theme options and then enable them when I want to make changes?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 05:50 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You could try to edit this in functions.php, change

PHP Code:
add_action('admin_menu''bfa_ata_add_admin'); 
to

PHP Code:
if (current_user_can('manage_options')) {  

add_action('admin_menu''bfa_ata_add_admin');

Or look for other current_user_can options at http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and...s#Capabilities
Old Sep 25, 2009, 09:31 AM
MrMail

5 posts · Aug 2009
Thanks! I used:
if (is_site_admin())
{ add_action('admin_menu', 'bfa_ata_add_admin');
}

And that did the trick!