Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » FAQ - Atahualpa » Header »

Header images don't show? Read this ...

Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:55 AM
preciousfoods

34 posts · Jun 2010
Ah, thank you for the reply, that is really nice of you.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:00 AM
preciousfoods

34 posts · Jun 2010
yes, absolutely, it was the cache pages I was seeing and not the site, that had nothing to do with atahualpa, but with the "supercache" plugin.
Many thanks Juggledad!
Old Jun 19, 2010, 04:34 AM
winphil

3 posts · Jun 2010
Good morning brothers!

Am just so new to wordpress and have had afield days going thruogh posts and replies to problems of other members to see how I can use that to solve the issue I have with my own blog. I must confess I have learnt alot.

However, there is this issue I haven't been able to solve from the posts on this forum, it is the fact that my header image is cut into almost half and I have tried all I could to detect the problem.

My header image is rightly located in my wp-content/themes/atahualpa/ /images/header folder and each time i load up my blog,the header is cut by half.

I will appreaciate the help from anyone well versed in this blog techie.

# My blog: hungrytargetedtraffic.com ( am yet to make any post,cause I want to get everythng right first)
# am using atahualpa 3.5.0

# Wordpress 3.0
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:02 PM
trilliumcreek

3 posts · Jun 2010
Atahualpa 3.4.9

I have confirmed path.
I have checked file names to confirm no spaces.
I have reduced # of photos in header file to one.
I have confirmed file is jpg
Still 2 out of 3 reloads, I get a blank header in Firefox and Safari.
http://trilliumcreekstudios.com/
What did I miss?
Any ideas?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The file that doesn't show up is a hidden file in your image/header folder. This is the page
HTML Code:
http://trilliumcreekstudios.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/._IMG_1135.jpg
Notice the period at the begining of the name, that causes the file to be a hidden file. You will need to go in with FTP to remove this file.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:45 PM
rwshimmel

2 posts · Jun 2010
New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to rwshimmel Send a message via Skype™ to rwshimmel
I am having difficulty seeing my header in IE8. My header shows up on Chrome just fine, as well as Safari, Opera and Firefox. Let's get the easy stuff out of the way:

the file names do NOT have spaces or special characters
there isn't a space somewhere in the path to the image: /wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/header/tdnwebheader.jpg
the file names ends in .jpg
there is no .LCK after the image name
My permissions are set to 644
this is the only file in the header folder
website is thedominantnetworker.com
Supercache is not active on the site
I am running WP 3.

Any thoughts or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited by rwshimmel; Jun 21, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
How did you create the image? Is it truly a jpeg?
when I copy the image, it has a color profile of cmyk, try changing it to rgb
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:29 AM
trilliumcreek

3 posts · Jun 2010
Thank YOU!!! I made a donation.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:42 AM
rwshimmel

2 posts · Jun 2010
New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to rwshimmel Send a message via Skype™ to rwshimmel
juggledad,

My header was originally built in illustrator and photoshop for print work. I never thought to convert it to rgb! I converted it to rgb and it works like a charm.

Thank you! Truly, you are a genius!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:59 PM
HiddenSolution

2 posts · Oct 2010
I am also having a problem where the header image appears about half the time. Refreshing makes it appear. Refreshing again it disappears.

I have read this forum and think everything is in order.

Site is www.USConstellations.com

Header image is http://usconstellations.com/wp-conte...der/Header.jpg

It is the only file in the folder.

Please help!! Thanks.

Dan
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You have a hidden file in that folder. This is the url when the image won't show up
HTML Code:
http://usconstellations.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/header/._Header 12.jpg
Notice the period at the beginning, that makes it hidden. Use an FTP program and go look in the folder.

You should also make sure you don't have any spaces in the file names.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:46 AM
HiddenSolution

2 posts · Oct 2010
Additional information from post above. The site files were copied from one host to another. That's when the problem started.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You still haven't removed the hidden file - you need to do that or you will continue to get the blank header image

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 12, 2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:54 AM
jkolenda

1 posts · Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
you should add the name of your site so someone can look at the underlining code.

Also make sure in the Atahualpa theme Options -> Header -> Configure Header Area that you have %image entered. If you don't, the image area won't display
Finding this earlier would have saved me 3 hours. Thanks!