Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Rotating Header

Old Aug 26, 2009, 05:35 PM
Esperanza

11 posts · Aug 2009
I have version 3.4.1. I would like to replace the heater with my own rotating images. I already deleted the ones that came with it and replaced them with my photos in the image folder...but now, how do I uoload and make them rotate.

Also want to make the header larger.

Thank you so much for your help.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The rotating header code was lost in the 3.4->3.4.1 update. It is back in the 3.4.2 release so you have two cohices. Upgrade to 3.4.2 or pur the cod in yourself (see the sticky http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1307)
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:51 PM
Esperanza

11 posts · Aug 2009
Hi; I really need someone who can do this for me, also I want to change the fonts, add a widget box...etc. Could you help me. I am very knew at this and I have no idea how to do it.

Thank you, Esperanza
Old Aug 27, 2009, 01:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd be happy to help, I'll send you a PM with my rates.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) to get the updated there (version 3.4.2) go to http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=74
When you update the theme you will not lose any of your changes. the theme options are stored in one of the wordpress databases (wp_options) - you can even have multiple versions of the Atahualpa theme in different folders in the wp-content/themes/ folder and swap back and forth. Just name them different for example: atahualpa333, atahualpa341, atahualpa342

2) Fonts in the header - the blog title and tagline, are controled at
ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Blog Title
and
ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Blog Tagline
while the menubar is at ATO->Page Menu Bar->Font Size & Face
and the category bar is at ATO->Category Menu Bar->Font for Category Menu Bar

3) rotating images are FTP'ed to the folder wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images - review http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=321 if the images don't show

4) to add a widget to the header, follow the directions at ATO->Add new WIDGET AREAS
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:21 PM
Esperanza

11 posts · Aug 2009
I am very new at this, so I am very frustrated about the whole thing.

Just download it the upgrade, now I need to uploaded to my hosting account, right?

Is it going to go over the other one, how is the info from the other one is going to go to the new upgrade. this is all very confusing...I don't know what I am doing...
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Read what I put in part 1 in my previous post
Old Aug 27, 2009, 09:54 PM
Esperanza

11 posts · Aug 2009
I don't know what you mean.
Do I need to upload the update and then install it?

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:11 PM
Esperanza

11 posts · Aug 2009
In the blog title, I need to change the fonts. Can you give me the code?

margin: 0;
padding: 0;
letter-spacing: -1px;
line-height: 1.0em;
font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 240%;

I want Times new Roman Italic

Thanks