Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Create a static Css in atahualpa 3.4.2

Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:10 PM
vishvadeep

Hi Flynn,

Can you please suggest a way I could create a static css and load it externally so it can be cached. Also how can I do so with a javascript file, as well?

My website is loading very slow, even after running with only a few plugin. Can you please suggest some other options that wp-cache or supercache as they are not very compatible with the postviews plugins and global translator. (my site is http://speedywap.com)

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:56 AM
vito

7 posts · Aug 2009
Hi,
from my point of view, your site is very fast.

Look at this: http://www.akademie-leonardo.de
Currently I'm not sure, why my site is that slow.

@Flynn: Do you have an idea?

Best, vito
Old Aug 27, 2009, 04:58 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Perhaps the mysql server or settings or the general hosting environment is a bit weak. You could also try to move CSS in the header to the top and Javascript to the bottom.

But it seems to be Mysql related because it's slow until it starts spitting out the site, from there it's fast. The network connection of your hosting seems to be in order, I guess the Mysql has a hard time doing all the queries

Also try with the default theme and see if that is noticeably faster. The next version of Atahualpa will have several speed improvements, i.e. the queries will be down from 200+ to 1 or 2.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 08:02 PM
vishvadeep

That will be quite good. I am using supercache plugin right now and made some changes in the postviews plugin to make it work. I now need to know how to load my site progressively in Internet explorer.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:53 AM
Bubster

1 posts · Sep 2009
Windy City, USA!
Your home page loaded fast for me, about 5 seconds with all the content, so not bad at all. Or maybe you already fixed it before I came along.

Just a suggestion, however. You may want to set your template wider or set width to auto, if you plan to use large images. See the attached screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SpeedyWap.gif
Views:	1657
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	246  
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:43 PM
vishvadeep

Thanks Bubster. I may need to increase the minimum width. Can you please tell me what resolution is your screen there?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:44 PM
vishvadeep

Also, I am trying to not reload the top categories bar and pages bar along with the whole sidebars everytime a page is loaded in internet explorer. I have been seeking an asnwer for this for a long time.