Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Internationalisation in sidebar

Old Feb 10, 2009, 03:53 AM
nils

3 posts · Feb 2009
Hello, I have two issues... one simple, one (probably) not so.

The first is that I would like the Page Links List to be right aligned instead of left, could you add that option please? Otherwise I have to just manually update the stylesheet, but an option would be useful for others as well.

Second: I'm using this theme together with qTranslate for English and German pages. The center text translates just fine, but I can't get the sidebar text internationalised... putting text into the plain text widget like <?php _e("<!--:en-->english text<!--:--><!--:de-->german text<!--:-->"); ?> (or without the PHP Tag) doesn't get accepted (it's rewritten on Save Changes). What's the best way to accomplish this? I basically want the sidebar displayed on selective pages, and I don't mind making my own somehow manually.

The raw HTML widget doesn't work either, the text still gets processed and eaten.

Thanks,
Nils
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:12 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The default text widget doesn't accept PHP, try with this widget http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/php-code-widget/ it does what the text widget does but takes PHP as well
Old Feb 17, 2009, 03:05 PM
refitrom

1 posts · Feb 2009
I too am using qTranslate (v. 1.1.6), WP (v. 2.6.5) and Atahualpa (v. 3.2).

My problem is that I cannot seem to get category names in the post metadata or the blog name in the footer to display correctly. The translation works in sidebars and the actual post content.

Post metadata:

Footer:

I'm not sure what I should edit to make them work.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 05:59 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by refitrom
I too am using qTranslate (v. 1.1.6), WP (v. 2.6.5) and Atahualpa (v. 3.2).

My problem is that I cannot seem to get category names in the post metadata or the blog name in the footer to display correctly. The translation works in sidebars and the actual post content.
I am aware of this and currently rewriting parts of the theme to fix this.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:04 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils
Hello, I have two issues... one simple, one (probably) not so.

The first is that I would like the Page Links List to be right aligned instead of left, could you add that option please? Otherwise I have to just manually update the stylesheet, but an option would be useful for others as well.
I'll add an option but unlikely for 3.2.1, I am still busy with bug fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nils
Second: I'm using this theme together with qTranslate for English and German pages. The center text translates just fine, but I can't get the sidebar text internationalised... putting text into the plain text widget like <?php _e("<!--:en-->english text<!--:--><!--:de-->german text<!--:-->"); ?> (or without the PHP Tag) doesn't get accepted (it's rewritten on Save Changes). What's the best way to accomplish this? I basically want the sidebar displayed on selective pages, and I don't mind making my own somehow manually.

The raw HTML widget doesn't work either, the text still gets processed and eaten.

Thanks,
Nils
I know why some parts of the layout, i,e. the post info items don't work well with qtranslate and it'll be fixed in 3.2.1 but I am not sure why it doesn't work with text widgets. I DO change the text widget slightly but only for visual reasons, this should not affect qtranslate. Please try with the "default" theme to see if qtranslate is supposed to work with text widget contents in the first place.