Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Text Attributes Body, Header, Footer et. al.

Old Feb 7, 2009, 05:56 PM
MacMyDay

23 posts · Feb 2009
This is excellent. I'm so far along with my customization and very happy how easy things are to configure... even for a novice like me. But here's where I'm stuck:

1) Changing the fonts attributes for both the body and header in the "center" section also known as the POST. I've changed the font size in "Body, Text & Links" to:

Code:
 font-size: 10px
Yet nothing happens to the text. I've even tried small and large but no go....

And in "Post/Page Info Items" I only see options for Kicker, Byline and Footer. I've changed link and hover colors so I know these items are working within the "body" of my post. Just font size has got me confused.

2) Where would I alter the font attributes to the POST TITLE?

3) With regards to the "kicker" I'm assuming this is where one could have the post date, author etc. appear above the post title? If so then could this be a "container" so to speak, that spans the width of the center section that could be specified with height, fill color and font for those kicker items one choose to include? Is that easy?

4) How do I access the font attributes (size, style and color) for the side bar items (widgets?). And can I change the calendar font, size, color areas?

and finally..

with regards to the logo:

if I choose NO LOGO i find my blog title and tagline move flush left to the edge of the container. Changing either the padding or the margin doesn't seem to let me float this title in the "logo bar" the only way to move it from what I've done is put a logo in or a blank .gif. Is there a better way?

And if I want to indent the tagline further right than the left "margin" of my Blog Title, how would I do that... in other position the text of either these items independently.

Sorry for such the long laundry list here, but just wracking my brain!

thanks,

MacMyDay
Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:23 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can style POST related things at "Post / Page Styling" and Widgets things at "Widgets". See the graphics on these pages to see what you can style. The kicker is a box above the post headline, you can put anything you want there (HTML, text) but usually you'd add "Post Info Items".

At Post/Page Styling you style the kicker
At Post Info Items you fill it with content

Try adding the font-size to Post/Page Styling -> POST Container or BODY Box

or post a URL
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:20 AM
MacMyDay

23 posts · Feb 2009
On my implementation of this great theme I was finally able to get the text size adjusted by adding

Code:
font-family: Verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 80%;
color: #666666;
I also found that my problem in the header section was i kept trying to change the font in the header text, when in reality headers (post titles) are clickable links so to affect that font I need to change in the box Header Links... phew...

So Thanks For Your Notes. I forgot to subscrie to this post so i was a bit tardy in getting the info. Made me work through things. So, I think I've got most the rest figured out, except the Calendar:

On the Widget Page if I change Widget Title font size or Widget Content font size, all the Widget Titles and Lists change. But the calendar remains the same.

Check out my implementation here.

Also, there seems to be a redundancy to those posts where Comments Are Closed. While I can format the Footer easy enough and have included "comments are closed" logic on the footer, there's another display of the "Comments Are Closed" in a larger font at the bottom of that post page. Can't figure out how to lose it?

You can see that here at the bottom of the page.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:42 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It's in line 169 comments.php

PHP Code:
        <p><?php _e('Comments are closed.','atahualpa'); ?></p>
Change to

PHP Code:
        <p><?php # _e('Comments are closed.','atahualpa'); ?></p>
or delete the line
Old Jul 5, 2009, 03:40 PM
ngb222

28 posts · Jun 2009
I am still confused. I am trying to reduce the size of the post/page titles. I am in 3.4 and I have tried everything. Where is that change to be made.
I only need to color and change the headers or titles of the pages/posts and the name of the page, such as home, is way to large. Where do I do that from?
This is my temp area for blogs in process-I have also PM'ed for the answer to getting rid of that search box in the header area. ( with donation.)
http://greatdeals-bargains.com/

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2009, 06:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Please swap back to 3.3.3 and wait till after Friday when Flynn gets back. There seems to be a 'glitch' with 3.4
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:04 PM
ngb222

28 posts · Jun 2009
Hi ,
I also need to change the margin color and I was able to find this and do it in 3.3 but where do I do that now?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:42 PM
ngb222

28 posts · Jun 2009
OK, I can't wait until Friday for another blog I am working on, so I went to 3.3, I still help with how to change the header text over the posts and the sidebars. ( I have donated a few days ago and I could really use some help.) Thank you very much.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Header text styling is controled at ATO-Post/Page Styling->Headline Box: Text
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:44 PM
Wonderbaum

6 posts · Jan 2010
I have been trying to figure out how to style the H-tags within a post. I am not talking about the Title of the post but rather when H2's, H3's and H4's are being used when writing a post. My guess is that I would need to do this in the Style POSTS & PAGES > BODY Box but I have no idea what to write.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.
Mikael

Last edited by Wonderbaum; Jan 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 02:56 AM
Wonderbaum

6 posts · Jan 2010
Am I the only one with the problem?
Old Jan 22, 2010, 03:02 AM
Wonderbaum

6 posts · Jan 2010
And just as I had asked the question again, I found the answer.

To style the header tags within a post I inserted the following in the "Add html/css inserts" section:

Code:
div.post-bodycopy h2 {
font-family: georgia, tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
}
Simple really (when you know how)