Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] ATO text color change bug for Home page?

Old Jul 17, 2009, 02:23 PM
juandrah

24 posts · Jul 2009
I have an issue with changing the color of the text in the date/category line on the bottom of the home page. Links change but not the text. All other text on the Home page changes correctly. For example. it appears...

July 15th, 2009 | Category:Uncategorized | One comment | Edit this post

see site http://www.juandrah.com/

This is a test run to learn WP before going live so no info or styling here is intended to be final product, so no coments please LOL but I need to resolve the issue.

I used Firebug and located the code. When I change the color code in Firebug the color changes, but not permanently because I don't know how to save the changes on the fly or if that is even possible.

HOWEVER

In Firebug the code is identified as

HTML:

Code:
<div class="post-footer">
STYLE:
Code:
div.post-footer {
-moz-background-clip:border;
-moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
-moz-background-origin:padding;
background:#000000 none repeat scroll 0 0;
clear:both;
color:#666666;
display:block;
line-height:18px;
margin:0;
padding:5px;
}
The funny thing is that ANY change in the 6 digit hex code in Firebug, including deleting just one of the 6 characters, results in the proper color as set in ATO. So, some other piece of code is resulting in the color override and when I break it in Firebug, the CORRECT color comes through.

When I search css.php and find:

Code:
div.post-footer {
		line-height: normal !important;
		color: #666666 !important;
		font-size: 9pt !important;
		}
I change the color and nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, juandrah
Old Jul 18, 2009, 02:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see ATO->Style Post & Pages->FOOTER Box
Old Jul 18, 2009, 09:47 PM
juandrah

24 posts · Jul 2009
Well, that was a brick in the forehead. sorry I missed it, thanks.

juandrah