Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Comment Box "By-line" options

Old Jul 15, 2009, 01:11 PM
88 posts · May 2009
The comment box seems to default to Author Nickname and Date & Time, both of which are links, above the comment itself.

There doesn't appear to be any way to change these in ATO > Post/Page Info Items or ATO > Comments. Where are these options set?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 08:53 PM
3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can put any post info item into any of the text area? Did any of the post info items not work?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:04 AM
88 posts · May 2009
I expected to find whatever code was generating the Nickname and Date & Time info in the "Comment form style" box under the "Comments" tab, but found nothing but formatting info (padding, border, etc.).

So, I pasted:

into "Comment form style" to see if that had any effect on what appeared in a Comment, and it does not.

The %author-description% info does show up in posts with that pasted into the appropriate boxes in "Post/Page info items". (Though it would be nicer if the bio was visible before hitting one of the reply options.)

I am still using 3.3.3, as I was allowing some more time for the dust to settle. Perhaps the new version will make the Comment box editing options easier to find?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 04:29 PM
3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There are a few non-editable areas left, I'll try to include them soon

The options with "Style" in their title are for CSS