Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Different Header Image for Home and the Rest of Site

Old Jul 14, 2009, 03:07 PM
cmarkward

2 posts · Jul 2009
I would like to have 1 header image on my "home" page and then another for the rest of the pages. How can I do this? I cant seem to figure out Dynamic Headers (the part about creating a 777 file).

Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2009, 02:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you need to create a directory called 'header-images' in the wp-content directory. Dynamic headers is going to 'write' to this directory so it needs permission. Setting the permission to '777' says that everyone has read, write and execute permission in this directory.

Most FTP programs give you the option to set the permission of a directory. Some host providers have a way to set the permission also. You just need to read your host providers info and/or the instructions for your FTP program, to find out how.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 07:04 PM
ChimeraDesigns

3 posts · Nov 2009
Hi Juggledad-
I did all this but I can't get the Dynamic Headers plugin to override the Atahualpa theme options.

BTW-- Are you affiliated with BFA or are you just a dude who provides tips for $? I donated to BFA-- do you get that?

Thanks-
Ted
Old Dec 2, 2009, 07:48 PM
ChimeraDesigns

3 posts · Nov 2009
Oh-- Thanks. I got it working by reading the other thread.

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4389

Keep rockin, juggledad!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 03:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
BTW-- Are you affiliated with BFA or are you just a dude who provides tips for $? I donated to BFA-- do you get that?
I'm a dude who provides tips. Flynn asked me to be a moderator awhile ago and put up the donate button for me. I did tech support for about 25 years and actually enjoy solving problems. I do some consulting as 'The User's Guru' but working with Atahualpa beats removing spyware from a computer anyday!

And all donations are truely appreciated.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 3, 2009 at 04:09 AM.