Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Installation/Upgrade Issues »

Locked out due to old recapture

Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:46 AM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Its been a while. I wanted to find my old Atahualpa settings from an old win 7 drive to be able to copy over to a new local host win 10. Wanted to export files using xml. When I tried to log into admin the old recaptcha had been closed at the beginning of 2018, so I am locked out. Tried renaming recaptcha file -disable but now get need updated recaptcha!! How do I bypass the old recapture so I an log in or upgrade the plugin.
All I want is the Atahualpa settings.

Thanks.

Last edited by 2BRetired; Aug 6, 2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 01:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Why not use a file manager to remove the recapture plugin?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 02:01 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Managed to remove the captcha file but now I cannot log in, the password does not seem to work. This theme is on another harddrive using win 7 and I want to reinstall on my win 10 localhost.

All I need is to download all the old Atahualpa settings so I can reinstall on a new version on a different hard drive. But I do not know which file the setting are under to copy to new installation. Any ideas.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 07:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The settings are stored in the wordpress database.
Do you have access to PHP_MyAdmin? If so I'll send you a PM to give you an idea.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 06:29 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Finally got into wordpress to export xml file. I have the latest wordpress on my win 10 localhost and when I import the xml file nothing looks right although it looked right on my old win 7 drive running an old version of wordpress.
I am trying to get back in the game and am looking at finding a theme I can keep into the future. Wordpress is suppose to be coming out with a version 5 soon. Am trying Montezuma but it is going to be a big learning curve. I am in my 70's and being away from it for a while and it has been hard remembering all I have forgotten.

Any suggestion, Bob
Old Aug 8, 2018, 05:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The Wordpress XML file doesn't contain Atahualpa settings. Did you export the Atahualpa settings (ATA-?Export/Import Settings) from the old version and import them in to the nwe one?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:25 AM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Yes I did, but for some reason no photos appeared although they were in the media library. The header was missing as well as the menu. I also copied the header photos and put them in atahualpa/images/header file but nothing appeared above the main page.
As yet I have not figured out what is happening.
So will atahualpa work with newer versions of Wordpress.

Thanks Bob
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The Atahualpa export only exports the theme's settings not any data that it points to.
What was the old version of Atahualpa and what is the new version?

As ifor Atahualpa working with future versions of WP? It is working with the current version...as for the future..who knows.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 02:16 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
The old version Atahulpa is 3.6.4 the new is 3.7.24.

Update, I went back to my old drive win 7 to investigate further and found now all the photo's not showing although they were in the media library, and when you clicked on the grayed out photo area the name of the photo appeared. This worked last time I looked. The header and banner photos is showing in the old version but not the new. Also the colored dots next to each old post is missing.

Thanks Bob
PS Just noticed none of the plugins got transferred over. I re attached a photo to a post and now that works for that post!

Last edited by 2BRetired; Aug 8, 2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 05:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
that was a BIG jump of Atahualpa versions and many many changes. Do this;
go to ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA amd hit the big green 'Save Changes' button
do the same for :
ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN
and
ATO->Style & edit FOOTER

The wordpress XML export would not transfer plugins as you have found out and it only export media if you reqyest it - i.e. it is not the default option.

What you should have done was read the WP documentation on moving a site.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 06:43 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks,
Made no difference, I tried to get into phpmyadmin on my old drive to make a back up but get a command prompt for password, which I don't have (10 years ago.) So I am seriously thinking of just starting over, either re-learn how to set up a new Atahulpa or find a theme that I can modify. I know I have a backup of the site somewhere that must have been how I installed the site on my localhost. Although I am retired and have plenty of time I feel like time is running out, most of my buddy's have dropped dead. At least I am getting some brain exercise.

Thanks again Bob

Just managed to download database, Just started to get things coming back memory wise. I think I will use an existing theme that is close to what I want and tweek it a bit. I found many YouTube training videos on how to customized wordpress themes, HTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL etc. My site is a not for income just info for being retired, so I do not want to get into too many extra expenses. Presently site parked at wordpress.com but it has its failings.

Thanks again to Juggledad for getting me back on track.

Bob

Last edited by 2BRetired; Aug 10, 2018 at 03:03 PM.