Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Remove footer white space completely

Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:55 AM
rominjn

22 posts · Jan 2018
Hi,

I was able to remove the footer content successfully based on old posts on this topic. But I still have footer space left over that I can't seem to get rid of. My draft website is at test.dlimconsulting.com. I made a dashed border so you can see that there is space above the line and below it that I couldn't get rid of. I looked everywhere in the theme options to see where those spaces might be coming from but to no avail. I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Daniel
Old Feb 13, 2018, 04:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try adding
HTML Code:
div#footer {display: none;}
Old Feb 13, 2018, 07:37 AM
rominjn

22 posts · Jan 2018
I tried that and all it removed is the dashed line, which makes me think that the dashed line is the only part of the footer left and that the white spaces above and below it are something else that are technically not the footer.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
One easy solution would be to make the page background color the same as the color of the bottom of the page. But that would really only hide the issue.

To deterinee what is happening you should first make a backup of your site and do an export of tyour Atahualpa settings. (ATO->Export/Import)

Next you should disable all plugins and see if theat fixes the issue. If it does, then it is a plugin conflict. If it doesn't, reset the Atahualpa settings to the defaults and see if that fixes it. If it does then it is one of the settings so you would re-import the saved settings and go thru the setting pages one at a time and reset each page and see if that fixes the issue. If you find a page that when reset fixes the issue, then you can reimport the settings and the look at each setting on that page so see which is causing the issue.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:11 AM
rominjn

22 posts · Jan 2018
I tried the reset method and here's what I stand so far.

- Plug-ins are not the problem.

- In the Body, Text & Links settings, I placed a line-height parameter for body text that is apparently creating a white space, equal to the line height, right above the footer border. When I removed the line-height parameter, the white space is gone so that's good, but now my body text is not at the line height I wanted. When I reset ALL of the settings and entered the line-height parameter, it did not create a white space above the footer border so I'm not sure why it would have that effect in my custom settings. As a solution, I'm willing to get rid of the line-height parameter in the B,T&L settings page if I can re-insert it in the HTML/CSS Inserts page but I don't know the div class for the body text. Is it...

Code:
div#body text {line-height: 1.6em;}
- Below the footer border, there is still white space that I couldn't get rid of even after going through all the setting pages one by one. So I'm at a complete loss for where this white space is coming from. Could it be part of the php?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
please attach a copy of your ATO export
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:32 AM
rominjn

22 posts · Jan 2018
See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-testdlimconsultingcom-20180213.txt (23.2 KB, 1157 views)
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This is one of those mess that look like an accumulation of a lot of little things. All I can suggest to you is that you create a second site and start with the Atahualpa settings in their vanilla state and copy your css over bit by bit till you see the issue occurring.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 02:27 PM
rominjn

22 posts · Jan 2018
I was able to resolve it. Thanks for your help.