Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Installation/Upgrade Issues »

Can't find Atahualpa theme to download

Old Dec 9, 2017, 06:51 AM
Mary McAndrew

11 posts · Mar 2009
Hi all, I just created a new website (it's a hosted site) and when I went to add my favorite Atahualpa theme it doesn't show up in any searches. I've done it before for my other sites, so I don't know what the problem is. Then I found the download link right on 'wordpress.org' and downloaded it. Now when I go to upload it under themes, I have no idea what file in that folder to upload! There are a million (or so). Please help.
Long time user and lover of Atahualpa!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 03:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can still get it from Wordpress using the direct link: https://wordpress.org/themes/atahualpa/

Download it to your computer and then when you want to add it to your site, select the 'Add New' button. Next select the 'Upload Theme' button and select the file you downloaded. It will be a zipped file andwill automatically be unzipped by the server.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 9, 2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 05:17 PM
Mary McAndrew

11 posts · Mar 2009
Hi Juggledad, I did download it to my computer, then clicked the upload thing. When I get to the folder called Atahualpa, if I click it and the 'open' button it doesn't just upload it, the whole folder opens and I have no idea how to click the whole thing. What should I do?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 01:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When you download Atahualpa from WP, you should get one file called Atahualpa.zip do not unzip it. That is the file to point att when you add the theme
Old Dec 10, 2017, 06:05 AM
Mary McAndrew

11 posts · Mar 2009
Hi Juggledad!
Ok, I was using a link from the WP site and downloading it. When I clicked it to upload it just opened and unzipped I guess. So I followed the link you originally put in your reply, and made sure when it asked if I wanted to open it or save it I selected 'save'....I thought maybe that's what I did wrong before? So I've just successfully intalled it! yay! Thank you.

Now I want to ask you, because I know you've been using this theme for years (like me) but you're an expert and I'm not. I was playing around with some of the free themes and some aren't bad. Do you think the Atahualpa theme is still going to work well with plugins etc? And I want to use this new site for selling things, something I've not done before, and some themes are geared towards that. Am I going to be able to use that Woo commerce with Atahualpa? I'd love any thoughts you have on this, I'm really NOT a techy at all when it comes to websites, I just keep it simple and carry on.
Thanks!
Mary
Old Dec 10, 2017, 03:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Do you think the Atahualpa theme is still going to work well with plugins etc?
I don't know of any issues, but there are so many plugins I've never tried I can't be sure.
Quote:
Am I going to be able to use that Woo commerce with Atahualpa?
There are many people who have used the two together. If you look, you will see there is even a subforum called 'eCommerce & Atahualpa'