Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Good 2017 options for rotating header images?

Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:53 AM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
Hi all and Happy New Year!

(Admins, I'm donating again right after I type this.) I need to have rotating headers, not just when I change pages but the header changes as I remain on the home page, for ex. The posts I'm seeing are 8 years old. Are there any new recommendations for a nice way to do this? Simplest is always great. )

TIA for any thoughts. Using ATA 3.7.24 and WP 4.7.
morgana123
Old Feb 7, 2017, 02:32 PM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
Hi guys! I donated, I asked, nothing happened! I found a simple slideshow where I can use shortcodes but can I use it in the header area instead of the static header image, please? It didn't seem to work. Some help, please O please? juggledad?

I'm very appreciative for any help with this. Thanks!!
morgana123
Old Feb 7, 2017, 05:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What plugin are you trying?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 05:59 AM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
Hi juggledad! Thank you for being here!!
I'm trying Slideshow CK

Most grateful for any words of your longstanding, kind wisdom!!
morgana123
Old Feb 8, 2017, 09:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I won't get to this until later on today...maybe. My nine month pregnant daughter has a cold, her husband has the flu and we have their two (2 1/2 and 4 1/2 year old) sons for the day..
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:58 PM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
Holy crow, take your time!! I understand!!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 02:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ahhh they are gone (and I send home soup for the sick ones)

Ok, here is what you do. You are going to install the Shortcode Widget plugin and then add a dynamic widget area into the header, put the widget into the new widget area and add yor shortcode to the widget

1) download and activate the plugin
2) go to ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area and add the following:
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header Slideshow'); ?>
remember to put it where you want it in relation to the other options. Options from LEFT to RIGHT show TOP to BOTTOM
3) Go visit the sitee t activate the dynamic widget code
4) go to dashboard->Appearances->Widgets and add an occurance of the 'Shortcode Widget' to the new 'Headre Slideshow' widget area
5) add your shortcode and go see it in action
Old Feb 14, 2017, 05:59 AM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks very much, juggledad - that worked very well! I've ended up with perhaps a 5px gap between the slideshow and the content area... I'll have to sort out where that came from and how to remove it, but the slideshow itself (all 3 images of it ) functions well. Hope everyone in your family is on the mend! Kind and grateful regards, morgana123