Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Atahualpa Version: "3.5.3" on localhost not showing correctly

Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:04 PM
Talker

12 posts · Dec 2009
Illinois
Win7 pro
IE11
Latest Wordpress version 4.6 running Atahualpa theme
Xampp latest version 3.2.2
Atahualpa Version: "3.5.3
Endeavoring to use Atahualpa Version: "3.5.3" with Localhost, on my computer.
Atahualpa installs, but unable to activate any of the options.
Also none of the right side panes show.
Atahualpa is working normal on my 'live' site.
Not interested in updating Atahualpa to later versions.

Last edited by Talker; Aug 19, 2016 at 12:36 PM. Reason: add in latest actual versions
Old Aug 19, 2016, 03:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please tell me why you would be running the latest version of WordPress with a version of the theme that is six years old??
Old Aug 21, 2016, 07:33 AM
Talker

12 posts · Dec 2009
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
please tell me why you would be running the latest version of WordPress with a version of the theme that is six years old??
That six year old theme satisfies my basic needs. Did endeavor to update with all the extras 'do this', 'do that', to repair what the update caused as a problem. For many here, doing coding is not a big deal, for basic users , like myself, coding is not what I'm looking to do, or learn beyond that where I'm at.

As mentioned elsewhere, just not interested in updating for sake of doing changes.
Safety issues is a different set of issues.

I want do posting . not ongoing trouble shooting of problems caused by constant updating/upgrading.

Anyway, way back in time using Win XP, this same theme worked on my localhost.
Going to Win 7 pro though, the same theme install incorrectly /partially.

Just thought that perhaps some one here had experienced similar conditions.

Last edited by Talker; Aug 21, 2016 at 11:43 AM. Reason: correct spacing & spelling
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well, be aware that in my testing 3.7.24 works fine with WP 4.6. So if you want to use Atahualpa 3.5.3, sorry but your on your own.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 04:09 AM
Talker

12 posts · Dec 2009
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talker
That six year old theme satisfies my basic needs. Did endeavor to update with all the extras 'do this', 'do that', to repair what the update caused as a problem. For many here, doing coding is not a big deal, for basic users , like myself, coding is not what I'm looking to do, or learn beyond that where I'm at.

As mentioned elsewhere, just not interested in updating for sake of doing changes.
Safety issues is a different set of issues.

I want do posting . not ongoing trouble shooting of problems caused by constant updating/upgrading.

Anyway, way back in time using Win XP, this same theme worked on my localhost.
Going to Win 7 pro though, the same theme install incorrectly /partially.

Just thought that perhaps some one here had experienced similar conditions.
My old theme works on the live site, BUT not on localhost.
Did try 3.7.24 on the localhost, same problem, right pane show nothing, Options left pane, shows OK, but unable to activate.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 06:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of PHP are you running on your local host?
what are you running MAMP WAMP?
I run a localhost on my Mac Mini and everything works fine.