Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

I could use a little CSS help (I think) please

Old Jul 27, 2016, 08:53 AM
rod

2 posts · Jul 2016
Hi all,

I've installed Montezuma for the first time on my new site at http://clearance-bargains.co.uk and I think it's a lovely clean theme. The problem is I'm a perfectionist

I've used code found on this forum to reduce the white space between the top of the page (under the header) and the title of the page but I would still like to lose the extra few pixels padding that stop the top of the title lining up with the top of the search box on the right hand side. I've also stopped the title from linking to the same page all the time but this has left me with one colour instead of the dual colour title I had before, is there a simple way to get this back to two colours? I have also amended the footer but would like to make it about half the height that it is now and centre the text vertically within it, can anyone help with that?

I'm OK with HTML, I struggle with PHP but CSS is something I've never got my head around!

Many thanks in advance,
Rod
Old Jul 27, 2016, 01:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it would help to have an export of your settings to see what you have done.

If I understand you, for the lining up, you could try setting a negative top margin on the h1, something like:
HTML Code:
#content .hentry > h1 {margin-top: -4px; }
Old Jul 28, 2016, 01:22 PM
rod

2 posts · Jul 2016
Sorry, my bad

I'd previously added this to various.css:
HTML Code:
div.page.hentry { padding-top: 0px; }
Thanks for your help though , I think I'm getting the hang of it a bit, I've amended this in posts.css which I'm guessing does the same thing as you posted - I'm happy with the result anyway :
HTML Code:
.hentry > h1 {margin: -5px 0 20px 0; }
Now I'll be happy if I can just sort the footer a bit. My messy code involves adding a widget area which I found here on the forum and adding a simple text widget. I'm guessing it's to do with the <div> tags that has stopped it aligning centrally vertically:

HTML Code:
<div id="footer-bg">
<div id="footer" class="lw">
<div id="widgetarea-footer" class="col12">
<?php dynamic_sidebar( 'Widget Area FOOTER' ); ?>
<!-- <p>&copy; <?php echo date( 'Y' ); ?> <?php bloginfo('name'); ?> &mdash; <?php __( 'All Rights Reserved.', 'montezuma' ); ?></p> -->
<!-- <p><?php echo get_num_queries(); ?> queries in <?php timer_stop(1); ?> seconds.</p> -->
</div>
</div>
</div>
Old Jul 28, 2016, 07:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Please attach an export of your settings (MTO->export/import)
Old Jul 28, 2016, 07:58 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
If you want the footer widget to be more centered vertically, you can add this rule to various.css:
Code:
#widgetarea-footer .widget {
	margin-bottom: 0;
}
The current value is a margin of 30px at the bottom.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 01:34 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Quote:
I've also stopped the title from linking to the same page all the time but this has left me with one colour instead of the dual colour title I had before, is there a simple way to get this back to two colours?
Go to Montezuma Options > CSS Settings > Dual Title Colors and you will see how to specify what elements should be dual colored. What you might try is adding a class called "dualcolor" to that h1 element, and then add .dualcolor to the Dual Title Colors list.