Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Installation/Upgrade Issues »

Safety issue: accessability of all folders

Old Mar 8, 2016, 02:28 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
Hi, I just sent a- rss-feed-newsletter around which contained a video. Not entirely surprisingly the video does not show up in the mail - just the link.

As I was testing this, I realized that each part of the folders can be accessed by anyone!

http://www.dievogelschule.com/wp-con...Verpaarung.mp4

That is http://www.dievogelschule.com/wp-con...loads/2016/03/
www.dievogelschule.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/ etc. Allowing anyone access to all contents

I frantically started pasting index.html into the most current and obvious folders. But I have a lot of folders in there as my website has been running for years.

This cannot be right. Is it a setting I have missed? A bug in the program? I am really concerned.

Thanks for your help.

Ann.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 06:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You should review the permissions you have for the folders - see Permission Scheme for WordPress
Old Mar 8, 2016, 08:31 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
They are all 755. I take it that is bad. What should they be?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:17 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
Actually, after mucking around with bluehost ... apparently they can only do 755 for folders and 644 for files. Thus, I reseearched a bit more and it turns out, it was an issue with the .htaccess files which need at the bottom the following line inserted:

Options -Indexes

I have not had that issue before. Was something altered?

Anyhow, thank you for getting me on the way to fixing this, even if it was not the solution. I'll be sendung you a little donation for your time. Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:19 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
ps. your donation form is not working. The drop down does not show any $$ amount and you cannot manually insert it. When left empty it refuses to forward to the paypal page. Would you please check this. I am using Safari.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Was something altered?
Not with the theme.

If you want to donate to me, select the 'donate to juggledad' button
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:52 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
Argh ... that's what happens when trying to do stuff in a mad rush ... donation on the way. :-)