Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Adsense not showing on main page only

Old Sep 13, 2015, 08:07 PM
mbtc

3 posts · May 2013
My main page is a static page and adsense ads won't show up on the main page. I tried putting them in the text of the page and in widgets. The ads show up on all other pages and even if I preview the main page. However, if I browse the page normally no ads show up. I tried disabling all the plugins and I never put in custom CSS. One site is privacy.net but I am having the problem on several sites.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 05:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) Never use a caching plugin while developing or making changes to a site.
2) what happens if you make the blog page the front page?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 05:48 AM
mbtc

3 posts · May 2013
I tried disabling all the plugins and I tried toggling between a static page and the blog as the main page. I still have the problem. If I use: http://privacy.net/?preview=true it works, http://privacy.net/ it does not. Every other page it works, just the main page is the problem.

edit: I also tried resetting all the theme options and I am getting the same behavior.

edit again: I tried the Wordpress Classic them and the same thing happens there so it looks like it is not related to the theme. I am really confused now.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 14, 2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 07:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If it happens with another theme then you might try contacting the plugin author
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:02 AM
mbtc

3 posts · May 2013
It looks like it is an adsense issue. Usually it happens if people have more than 3 ad slots on 1 page but that is not the case here so I contacted adsense to see what the issue is.