Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

[SOLVED] How do I edit main page to change language attribute to lang="tr-tr" in the

Old Apr 6, 2015, 05:26 AM
Kemal

39 posts · Mar 2015
Istanbul/Turkey
The "Editor" sub menu in "Themes" does not show my main page?

Thanks in advance

Kemal
Old Apr 6, 2015, 06:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) what versionof Atahualpa and WP are you using?
2) what is your url?
3) if you switch to twenty-fifteen does the proper language show up?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:27 AM
Kemal

39 posts · Mar 2015
Istanbul/Turkey
Thank you for your prompt response,

1) Atahulpa 3.7.23 and WP 4.1.1

2) The faulty url is: http://kemalgencay.com/bir-kez-daha/

Except the beige element which displays "?" for just one Turkish character, everything works fine for the whole site.

3) When I switch to twenty-fifteen the menu does not display, so I can not display the page /bir-kez-daha/ !

Maybe it is the particular font for the element but I could not locate it despite I use firebug in Firefox.

Best regards

Kemal
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:20 AM
Kemal

39 posts · Mar 2015
Istanbul/Turkey
Sorry, I had to remove the faulty page, because it was "live", now I'm looking forward to donate but having trouble to make connection with my bank and PayPal, it is not easy in Turkey.

However I trust on WP and Atahulpa and decided to use the platform for my future development and teaching.

Will be grateful if you kindly lead me to a means to edit the main page begining with <!DOCTYP....

Best regards

Kemal

www.kemalgencay.com/about-2/
Old Apr 7, 2015, 04:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Since WordPress 4.1 you change your site language (and install new languages) from the WordPress dashboard. You don’t need to modify WPLANG in wp-config.php file (which has disappeared). Go to Settings > General > Site Language, and select a new language (or install a new one).

This is what controls the lang="ru-RU" in the <html...> statement

This assumes you have installed wordpress in your language.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 08:27 AM
Kemal

39 posts · Mar 2015
Istanbul/Turkey
Thank you, this solved my problem

Best regards

Kemal