Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Need to change the name of a Page in menu bar - Really don't want to use Cus

Old Mar 14, 2015, 01:05 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
WP 4.1.1
Atahualpa 3.7.23
www.indonesiaetc.com

I really don't want to use a custom menu.
(When last I used a custom menu it would occasionally "drop" items. )

So I am using the regular "Pages" for top nav and excluding pages I do not want to show up there.

I now have a page which I *do* want to show up there. The Permalink is indonesiaetc.com/ebook/ (which was the title of the older version of the page) but the new title is "Indonesia Etc Multimedia eBook", which is obviously too long for the top nav.

So, how do I tell the top nav that I merely want to call that link "eBook"

I have tried to change the Atahualpa Page Options and also the various bfa_ata_ custom fields. No luck.

It feels like I should be able to do this easily. Am I really going to have to use Custom Menu? As I said before, I really don't want to do that. It was really annoying when it would "disappear" certain items from the menu.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 01:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Change the title of the page. That is what goes in there. Other than that, you would have to make changes to the theme.

As for the custom menu "dropping" things, never heard of that happening.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 02:22 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks. I've forwarded the old page title to the new page. It's ugly, but it should do the trick.
Strangely, the new menu shows in my signed-in browser (FF) but not is others (Chrome, Opera)
I assume it has to do with refreshing the site on sign-out or something.

As to the Custom Menu dropping ite,s, I wrote about it here:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...+missing+items
There was no info over at WP , so I just moved on.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 02:52 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Welp, I was wrong.
The correct menu item now shows in the Menu bar only if one is not on the Home page (indonesiaetc.com)
If one is on another page like http://indonesiaetc.com/about/ then the eBook item is visible in the Menu bar.
Browser caches cleared.
Signed out.
No caching on site.

Works ok on mobile.