Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Css styling for blog title and menu bar

Old Mar 9, 2015, 07:42 AM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Hi

I use the following css insert to set a light weight on my blog title (the theme only allows for normal or bold)

#header a {
font-weight: 300 !important;
}

This works, but it also forces 300 weight on the text in the header menu bar, which I don't want.

Can you tell me, please, how can I style the blog title and menu bar fonts separately? (Again, the theme doesn't allow weight setting for menu bar fonts, only px & font.)

Best, Kit
Old Mar 9, 2015, 01:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just put the appropriate CSS in the "Style and Edit Header Area" settings or "Menu 1" or "Menu 2" settings.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 01:11 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks. Do you mean in the 'Font Size & Face' box under 'Menu 1 (Page Menu)'? I've tried that, but font-weight command seems to have no effect. Only px size and font commands are accepted. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 01:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
For bold you can use CSS in the CSS Inserts area of the theme options.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 01:51 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks. Can you tell me, please, what would be the css command to change the font weight in the page menu bar *only*? I want the weight to be normal, but the css I used to get 300 weight on the blog title affects all the text in the header area including the menu text.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Use a code inspector to determine the unique selector for the item you want to change. What you are seeing is the cascading effect of CSS.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 03:20 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks. I'm a little out of my depth here, but I guess the moral is that I should learn more about css!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 06:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Here is a beginner CSS tutorial
Old Mar 11, 2015, 09:54 AM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks -- and thanks to you both for replying. I hadn't noticed your new policy, and I apologise for not respecting it. I value Atahualpa highly and will make a donation when things are easier.