Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Multisite »

[SOLVED] Some favicons work, others don't

Old Feb 21, 2015, 02:05 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hi,

I just added a 3rd site to my domain, it's called Rear Window. The main site is here while the other sub-site is here.

I have set the relative location of images to wp-content and put 3 distinct favicons, each with their own name in the wp-content/ata-images folder. The favicons of the existing sites both show correctly but I cannot make the favicon of the new site to show. Can you tell what I am doing wrong?

As much as you guys deserve it, I am out of money right now but I will make a donation in March.

Thanks,

Rutger

Last edited by RHCdG; Feb 22, 2015 at 05:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old Feb 21, 2015, 02:53 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
The icon is right here but it won't show: http://www.cornetsdegroot.com/htdocs...ear-window.ico
Old Feb 21, 2015, 06:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
are these subdomains or is this a network (multi site) install?

Quote:
Images Directory

Default: ata-images

Base directory for images. No leading or trailing slashes. If the 'Relative location of header images?' is set to 'atahualpa' this option is ignored and the default Ataualpa folders will be used.

For MULTI SITES, you should choose the 'wp-content' option and give each multisite a unique folder name like multi-01 and multi-02
Old Feb 21, 2015, 07:12 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hi JD,

It's a network install, i.e. Multisite.
I followed the instructions, i.e. I have set the relative location of images to wp-content and put 3 distinct favicons, each with their own name in the wp-content/ata-images folder. However, I am not sure what to do with the instruction to give each multisite a unique folder name. I have created 3 separate folders named multi-01, multi-02, and multi-03 but is this relevant for the favicons? Shouldn't they be in the wp-content/ata-images folder?
As always, I appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Rutger
Old Feb 22, 2015, 02:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
for a multi site, in place of the wp-contents/ata-images, you should have a
wp-contents/multi-01
wp-contents/multi-02
wp-contents/multi-03
and put the files for each multisite in the appropriate directory. Each site should have it's own files in it's directory. Lets say you wanted site 1 to have header1.jpg and site 2 to have header2.jpg, you would put header1,jpg in the folder wp-contents/multi-01/header and header2.jpg in the wp-contents/multi-02/header folder.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 03:07 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hi JD,

Yes, and I have it set up like that. But should I put each favicon in each corresponding folder as well?

Thanks again!

Rutger
Old Feb 22, 2015, 05:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Treat each of the sites separately. Everything (header images, logo, favicon) for a site goes in its multi-nn folder
Old Feb 22, 2015, 05:03 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Almost there... It shows now in IE and FF but Chrome still reverts to the icon of the main site... Is that a known issue?
I did clear the cache.

Last edited by RHCdG; Feb 22, 2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Added last sentence
Old Feb 22, 2015, 06:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Chrome still reverts to the icon of the main site
which site?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 01:07 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Very strange, all icons are working this new morning. While I wonder why that is I am marking this thread as solved. Thanks JD!