Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Shorter pagination (menu) bar

Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:15 AM
Bruno

8 posts · Jan 2015
With many pages - pagination bar is so long - I have it in 2 rows. See attached img.

Is there a way to have fewer links in the pagination bar and have it in a just one row?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pagination.JPG
Views:	1489
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	2642  

Last edited by lmilesw; Jan 21, 2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:11 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Did you read the documentation for the bfa_content_nav() function? To find the documentation of the functions which are available, open up any of the virtual Main Template or Sub Template files and click on the tab labeled Limited PHP Code in the upper right corner of the screen.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 07:15 AM
Bruno

8 posts · Jan 2015
Thanks. This is kind of general answer, but helpful.

Here are details:

Open : Wp->themes->Montezuma->includes->content_nav.php

and edit line#17

change 'mid_size' => 5 to 'mid_size' => 2
Old Jan 22, 2015, 08:53 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
OK, one of the general rules for modifying Wordpress themes is that you shouldn't modify the theme files directly. If/when the theme gets updated, your modifications will be lost. Instead, for themes other than Montezuma, you should create a child theme.

However, the way that Montezuma is designed, you don't need to create a child theme. Instead, you make changes through the virtual templates. Go to Appearance > Montezuma Options > Main Templates and Sub Templates and read the documentation there. You'll see that the virtual templates follows the Wordpress Template Hierarchy. That is, if you want to make a change to the blog page, you would edit the virtual index.php Main Template (this is where you should have made your change). If you want to change how a single post appears, you would edit the single.php Main Template. The appearance of non-post pages is determined by page.php. Sub templates allow you to make changes to the parts of the larger main templates.

Browse around all of the different sections under Montezuma Options, you will find a lot of documentation there.

Last edited by CrouchingBruin; Jan 22, 2015 at 11:41 AM.