Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Background image on homepage only

Old Oct 31, 2014, 08:52 AM
Donpastillo

3 posts · Jul 2014
Hi,
I'm using WP 3.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.7.11

I'm trying to add a background image to the home page of my site by adding the following code to the html/css inserts :

Code:
body.home {background-image: url(wp-content/themes/atahualpaAJT/images/bck3.jpg);
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
width:100%;
}
Problem is that the post container seems to be covering my background and pushing it downwards. You can admire the disaster here :

http://lesvinsajt.fr/site/

Could you please tell me what I'm doig wrong ?

Thanx in advance
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Why are you still on an old Atahualps release?
Why are you still on an old WP release?

you are not doing anything wrong, the post formatting has a background-color of #000000 (black) and that sits on top of the body background.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:56 AM
Donpastillo

3 posts · Jul 2014
Duh...
I guess when you look too hard at somtehing it's easy to miss the obvious.

Thank you very much for your help.

And you're right, I'll proceed to the updates ASAP.