Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Dropdown Menu not working after updating to 3.7.18

Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:59 AM
Alice

5 posts · Mar 2012
I just updated Atahualpa to its newest version - and my dropdown menu above the header image (created with wordpress > design > menu) is not working anymore. The menu bar is there, but the drop down is not showing anymore. After testing I found out that the changed lines in bfa_header_config.php (// Header Image) are causing the issue. If I replace this file with the old one ( 3.7.15) it works again.

Is there anyway I can fix this without having to replace the file everytime I update?
Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 09:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Not without knowing a bit more about what you are doing. Are you using a plugin to do the drop downs? What is your url? what version did you upgrade from? what version of WP are you on? are you using rotating images? fade in/out?

I just tested it and I'm seeing the dropdown menu on my site.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 11, 2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 09:20 AM
Alice

5 posts · Mar 2012
Hi!

I am not using a plugin for the menu, the site url is: www.lehrkunst.ch
Old Sep 11, 2014, 09:33 AM
Alice

5 posts · Mar 2012
Sorry, I sent my previous response to early:
- I do not have a rotating header image, and no fade in/out
- I upgraded from 3.7.15 to 3.7.18
- I work with the newest WP version (4.0) - I just upgraded WP before upgrading Atahualpa, and it did work before
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
could you export your settings (ATO->export/import) and attach it to a reply
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:16 PM
Alice

5 posts · Mar 2012
here you have the exported settings - although I control most of my settings with the style.css of my child theme...

I found a solution myself in the meantime:
If I set the z-index of ul.rMenu li to 4 (instead of 1) in my style.css it seams to work...
But as Im not a programmer, Im not sure if this ist the best solution...

ul.rMenu li {
position: relative;
z-index: 4;
}
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwlehrkunstch-20140911.txt (13.7 KB, 1244 views)
Old Sep 11, 2014, 01:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well if you are using a child theme and making changes to the CSS in it's style.css there is not much I can help you with. If you are just using the child theme to make CSS changes might I suggest you use teh ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and then your chnages become a theme option and you don't need to worry about using a child theme.

I would advise swapping to the main Athualpa theme and then seeing if the drop downs work. If they do, it will verify that the issue is with your CSS. Since you have found a solution you should be good to go.

Just to let you know, in the 5 years I've been using the theme I've only had one or two cases that I could see the need for a child theme with Atahualpa and they were because of a plugin being used.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 02:57 PM
Alice

5 posts · Mar 2012
Hi, ok - I think, I will have to go with my solution...
After working for a long time only with the CSS Inserts, I had to switch to using a child theme because working with a proper .css file is just much easier.
Thanks for your time anyway!