Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Make Horizontal Bar reach the outside border.

Old Jul 21, 2014, 02:02 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I've looked and looked and can't work out where I change the settings for this -
on www.johnnycajon.com I want the black horizontal bar under the menu (and above the footer) to reach the black border around the whole container.

Any help much appreciated!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 04:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You have a 10px padding is set on the container - ATO->Style & configure LAYOUT->Layout Container Style
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:11 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
doh! thank you, it says it only applies to top and bottom padding so I ignored it.
Now I've fiddled around with the site so much I can't work out how to get more space around the posts!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Remember you have a header, middle and footer. In the middle you have the left sidebar(s) the center area and the right sidebar(s). In the center area go the posts.

So you could look at the center area options and/or the styling for the post/page options
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:40 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Yep, did that, I have 20px set on the center column and 10px on the post/page. It's fine in the actual post or page, it's only on the first page it's happening. I checked excerpts and I don't see anything there I can change.

Thank you!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 06:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm not sure I understand what the problem is now. I see lots of left and right padding on the home page

edit: you have a caching plugin active....flush the cache and turn it off when doing changes.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 06:48 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I think my brain has fallen out, caching plugin! of course. Thank you again! All ok now.