Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Custom menus and multiple custom menus - how?

Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:18 PM
laizafah

7 posts · Jul 2014
I went to Appearance -> Menus -> Edit Menus and created a custom menu there. Then under Menus -> Manage Locations is says:
Quote:
Your theme supports 2 menus. Select which menu appears in each location.
and there is the choice between Theme Location -> Menu 1 and Theme Location -> Menu 2.
Its not clear what these are, but in Atahualpa Theme Options -> Header Area there are tabs for MENU 1 (Page Menu) and for MENU 2 (Category Menu). Since I use MENU 1 as my main menu for most pages, I wouldn't want that to be changed. If under Theme Location -> I set Menu 2 it does not actually seem to show up in Atahualpa and the options in Athahualpa for Menu 2 still appear to be those for Category Menu and have no connection to the custom menu I created.

Second, isn't there some way to add more than just an extra menu? I would ideally like to be able to have several custom menus which I use on different pages.

I also have looked at creating a custom page template for Atahualpa but contrary to the Wordpress standard documentation there is no actual page.php and searching did not find anything. Ideally it would be nice to have several page templates with each one using a different custom menu.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 04:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Please don't double post - it wastes our time. Sometimes post are heald for moderation.

page templates can be made by copying index.php - name it what you want and customize it. Take a look at the included 'template_multi_column_custom_query.php' as an example.