Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Missing widget areas

Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:47 AM
ingridsblogg

16 posts · Jun 2014
I recently upgraded my version of wordpress, and I lost the widget area I had inserted below the header image. Well, the widget are is still there, including the menu etc I put into it, but I cant find it anywhere to edit it. I upgrades the version of Atahualpa, hoping this would help, but it didnt. Do you know what I should do?

My domain is http://ingridsblogg.no, and Ive attached the ATO-settings file.
My version of Atahualpa is 3.7.15, and my WP version is 3.9.1

Would very much appreciate your help!

Kindly regards, Ingrid
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwingridsbloggno-20140610.txt (19.8 KB, 1673 views)
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the definition of your new widget area is invalid, you have
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area  ('parameter=value&paramater=value&paramater=value'); ?>
go look at the new widget area options and you will see the minimum you need is
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>
Old Jun 13, 2014, 07:52 AM
ingridsblogg

16 posts · Jun 2014
Hmm, I tried that now, but then the widget area disappeared completely.. I can make a new widget are, but since I donīt have access to the code I once made, ill have to write it all over again (and it a lot of code on those drop-down menus).

Is there a way for me to retrieve this information an add it to a new widget area?

Another problem; I cant seem to change the body font size using "em" only "px"-values. Thats OK (but weird), but my problem is that I cant change the line-height at all (tried both values). My line height is very small, so I would like to make it larger. I have also tried using percentage - no change.. Can you help? Ive tried to see if I have code somewhere which overrides the code in the "Body, Text & Links" section, but canīt find any...
Old Jun 13, 2014, 08:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you have a backup of the site before you upgraded WP?

UPDATE: I just looked at youe settings again. Why do you use a comma when setting the font-size?

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 13, 2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:16 PM
ingridsblogg

16 posts · Jun 2014
Well, Iīm not really sure when i lost the possibility to edit the widget, since I usually donīt have to edit it that much, but I always take a backup of WP before upgrading. I wasnt able to upload the file here (some security issues), but you can find the file on dropbox. The widget was active at least on this backup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/53xmu7n52o...2013-11-28.xml
Old Jun 13, 2014, 01:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That is not a backup of your database, it is a dump of your posts. It does not contain things link the content of widgets and the styling of your theme, the users in your database etc.

In other words, you can't use that to recover your database to the point before you upgraded wordpress, only a mysql backup would do that (and there are several plugins out there to do database backups).

I can't help you with the contents of the widget or explain why it went missing. Sorry

p.s. you didn't answer the other queston I posed in my last post.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:20 AM
ingridsblogg

16 posts · Jun 2014
Ah, I see. I think I made a backup of all the files, I hope I have a copy including the widget area, but have to check my old computer.

Did I set the font size with a comma? Did not actually know I did that. I have changet it now, and see I can change the font size with using "em", but the line heigth still is tha same, no matter what I do...
This is my settings now :

Code:
font-family: helvetica, arial, veranda, times new roman, sans-serif;
font-size: 1em;
line-height: 1.2em;
color: #2e2e2e;
background: #f7e8f5;
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It would seem that the line-height rule applied to a <body> does not apply to elements within a table that is in the body.

If you want to control the line heights for your posts go to ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->POST Container and put it there.

Last edited by lmilesw; Jun 16, 2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:34 AM
ingridsblogg

16 posts · Jun 2014
Yay, it works I also managed to fix my menu. Found the html code looking at the source for my front page, and made a new widget. Thank you so much for your help