Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

WPG2 and Wordpres 2.8 issue

Old Jul 2, 2009, 09:19 PM
malrock

4 posts · Jul 2009
Hi

I seem to have some major issues going on with the WPG2 pluggin

Using WP2.8 and gallery 2.5 the pluggin works fine with other themes. Using it with Atahualpa it seems to break or end up delivering internal server out of PHP memory errors.

www.wanakartsociety.co.nz

click on gallery

What seems to happen is that the gallery initally works and then after a period of time (say 1 hour) it ends up delivinger a blank page.

Looking at error logs it is telling me that it is out of memory

via php.ini the memory is set to 32MB - so there should be heaps there.

Disabling all the pluggins doesn't have an effect
resetting the gallery theme in the standalone gallery and disabling WPG2 then reenabling it allow the gallery to work for a while - then it returns the blank page.

The gallery works embeded with all other themes ....

I'm going to try and install an earlier version of WP now ....

suggestions or similar issues that have been resolved?

Cheers
Old Jul 3, 2009, 09:06 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
We had 2-3 users who reported PHP memory issues. I will have to look into optimizing this as 32 MB should indeed be enough. But just to be clear, it's a few users out of 10'000's - it's not like Atahualpa is running out of memory left and right.

For now I can only recommend to ask your host to increae your PHp memory. I remember one user had dreamhost increase it to 60 MB without problems

I run on 32 MB myself and had no issues with WPG2 plus a dozen other plugins. I did however not test it extensively or with many images