Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

WP 3.9 Image Editing Issues

Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:35 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
Since upgrading to WP 3.9, I cannot edit my images anymore, like editing alt text, description, alignment, links etc. When I click on the image in the editor, the previous edit button does not show up anymore.

Also the images and the text do not align anymore in the editor.

I checked various threads in the WP support forum, and the moderators seem to blame it on themes and plugins. Any idea if there is a conflict between ATA and WP 3.9 or the TinyMCE plugin (new version 4.0)? I am using ATA 3.7.12.
Did you hear anything else about this image editing issue?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:14 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am having no problems with the editor like you mention. I would try deactivating all of your plugins to see if that fixes the issue. If it does then I would start reactivating a few at a time to narrow down the culprit.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:34 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
I also had no problem after setting my sandbox site to the latest Atahualpa version (and running WP 3.9). Clicking on an image in the Visual editor caused a pencil icon to display in the upper left corner of the image, and clicking on the pencil icon brought up a separate dialog where I could enter the caption, the Alt text, the alignment, and a link for the image.