Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa V.3.7.15 broke my website.

Old Apr 11, 2014, 07:44 AM
Longtail

7 posts · Feb 2009
Hi --

HELP! Is this a huge bug or what?? -->

Yesterday I updated Atahualpa to V.3.7.15 and had several immediate problems:
1) ALL Header stuff (logo, name, sub-name) are all gone.
2) The Navigation Menu #1, at the top of the body of the page are gone.
3) NextGen Thumbnail Image Browser stopped working. When I click on the image, the image comes up as a full page, without the ability to navigate from one image to the next.
4) When logged in the Wordpress "black menu bar" vanished.

Since I had done several updates I wasn't sure which caused all of these problems. After spending hours trying to fix this -- thinking it was NextGEN or a Server problem, I had my server provider completely restore my system with a back-up version -- prior to the time of the most current updates. Reverting to the earlier version of my webstite worked and everything was fixed.

This morning, I started updates -- one by one -- checking my system as I go. When I updated to V.3.7.15 I ALL of the same problems returned.
d
1) What can I do?
2) Is there a way I can revert to the earlier version of Atahualpa without re-building my entire system?

Or ???????

See: http://davidkutz.com/ and http://davidkutz.com/portfolio/
Old Apr 11, 2014, 08:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Just go to ATO->Configure Header Area and press the save button. Do the same with the center area and footer.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 04:01 PM
SD_MI

13 posts · Jun 2012
Site is www.scs-matters.com.

Each time I update the Atahualpa theme I followed the very helpful directions Juggledad wrote. This time around I am having the same problem as the OP. We can rule out all of the below as being causes of the problem:

file names do NOT have spaces or special characters
no space somewhere in the path to the image: /wp-content/themes/atahualpa3715/images/header/header2.jpg
file names ends in .jpg
no .LCK after the image name
permissions are set to 644
only one file in the header folder
no new plugins (all existing plugins worked fine with previous theme version)
running the latest version of WP

I tried the advice given to the previous poster (clicking SAVE in the Style Header area of ATO) and at least the links show when viewing the site, but now the ATO area is not displaying correctly. I can revert to the previous version we were using (3.7.10) and everything is fine.

I know I am probably missing something painfully and blatantly obvious, but sometimes I'm too close to the forest to see the trees.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 06:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
How is you "Image Location" section of the theme options set? Where are you images stored? What folders are they in?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 07:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
your image location shows up as
HTML Code:
http://scs-matters.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3715/images/header/header2.jpg
but going to that address gets an
HTML Code:
403 Permission Denied
You do not have permission for this request /wp-content/themes/atahualpa3715/images/header/header2.jpg
you need to fix this in order to see the image
Old Apr 15, 2014, 08:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You should also, with this version of Atahualpa, not have it in a specially named folder and should be using the relative paths for the images so you can update in the future without issues. It also looks like you haven't saved your Header, Center, and Footer sections in the theme options.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 08:41 AM
SD_MI

13 posts · Jun 2012
I can't figure out why the site should be generating a 403 error for the header image. The permissions are the same as for the same folder in the previous version we were using (3.7.10) and that seems to work fine.

http://scs-matters.com/wp-content/th...er/header2.jpg

Is it possible I have a corrupt installation? With 3.7.15 the ATO looks like this and I can't navigate anywhere.

I guess I'll re-download version 3.7.15 directly from the BytesForAll site (instead of from WordPress) and do the installation again and see if my problems persist.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 09:36 AM
SD_MI

13 posts · Jun 2012
Looks like a corrupt installation was the main problem because the header image is displaying again like it is supposed to.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the logo etc. back up there. If I need more help, I know where to come! Thank you!!

Last edited by SD_MI; Apr 16, 2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: forgot to say thank you :)